Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Side note, holy poo poo push-lock AN is the way to go. Warm the hose end with a heat gun, lube it with some oil, and shove the fitting in. Takes some significant effort to seat it but once it's there, you're done. No clamps, nothing. I don't think I've ever put together a fuel system in my life previously that didn't leak somewhere on the first start.

Brand, link? I've got a mile or two of oil and fuel lines to run with AN fittings everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

We've done that a few times with various winches or even a tow strap. Make sure the trailer is chocked and BOTH ends of the trailer are supported so you don't get it slamming down at any point. Take it slow and have a second person serve as spotter.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

kastein posted:

The state of Amazon borescopes ain't great, but it's worth buying one unless you want to pay three or four times as much just to be slightly less annoyed every 6 to 18 months when you use it.

Dad gave me one with a built in screen for my birthday, it's handy but I 100% do not trust the mirror attachments so it's only useful for looking straight ahead. We had an old school, external lamp, one at work a decade ago that disappeared which I really miss. Screw on tips for straight ahead, 45 degree or 90 degree and the image was so crisp.