Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

So whats the big deal on the oil and gunk in the valves? Diesels have never port injected and swallow all that poo poo through their intake valves and do half a million kms no worries?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Toyota went for electronic servo motors in their 4wd's- I think the 80 series sahara with climate control was the first.

Servo motors in a dust filled environment. Apparently they are a bundle of laughs to replace too

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Im so glad I live in a country where we dont salt the roads and brake hard lines last longer than the drat vehicle they are in!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

I dunno, I’ve had brand new transfer case bearings that sound like that out of the box until they were coated in gear oil and then they become buttery smooth.