Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

Unrelated to that but still thread-relevant, my Ranger has developed a gnarly pull when under hard braking - it wants to jump right really hard if you have to stomp the brakes. Under normal driving it has a very light pull to the right since I think it's due for an alignment. Has anyone ever seen an alignment be the sole cause of this, or am I looking at a caliper or drum that's not doing it's job?

Get the wheels off the ground and push/pull at 3:00 and 9:00 before you even bother taking it in for an alignment.....so they don't just end up refusing to do it because you need tire rod ends or something like that. Sounds plausible from your description.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

West SAAB Story posted:

Of course. There are no electronics. :hydrogen:

But it still leaks.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

kastein posted:

Sounds like time for an Amazon cellphone borescope!

If you do buy one, make sure you check the reviews to see how horrible the associated app is

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PBF6DX5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Plug it into my laptop, open the windows "camera" app. Done.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

One of the worst sounds when working on a car: a fastener not hitting the ground.

Or a 10mm socket not hitting the ground.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

How do we not have a :thatschrysler: for this moment?