Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatBus
May 12, 2001

Who wants a mustache ride?
This is probably as good a chance as any to ask:

What did you use for engine management on your LS1 pickup? I have considered planning a v8 swap for the 280zx in the next few years, and I am turned of on the LS1 option by the thought of having to cobble up an engine management system and wiring harness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatBus
May 12, 2001

Who wants a mustache ride?

IOwnCalculus posted:

I stuck with the factory ECM in mine (2000 Camaro) along with sending the factory harness to Speartech (he was the only game in town at the time, I'm sure others do the same thing now) to have it modified. Came back set up so that it basically only needed me to connect the gauges, +12V constant, and +12V keyed.

Add a tune to eliminate things that were removed (EGR) and it's done. Really easy to work with, honestly.

You make it sound pretty painless (though I am sure it is still painful!).

Pricing on a harness isn't horrible:
http://secure.ultracart.com/catalog/PSI/HAR-1013.html

Luckily I won't have time/money/motivation any time in the forseeable future.

Thanks!