Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I did 5 races with my LeMons/Chumpcar Daihatsu on a Gatorback, still looks and feels brand new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

I think before this thread it'd been a decade since I saw that truck last. I think I even remember the old engine and your LS swap stuff.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Limit straps?

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

This kind of worksmanship is all over Sloppy Mechanics FB page (not Denmah's content though) but those are $250 LQ4s and $100 4L60Es. I'd have been pissed at the work on an LS1 10 years ago when everything was ten times the price.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Valt posted:

I have been trying to figure out what motor to put in my c10. LS motors are super easy even if you want to run a carb on them. But I think I’m going to find a gen IV 454. I just need to figure out a transmission.

I wouldn't even bother when you can get a 6.0/4L80e from an Express van and make 90% of the power and 200% the fuel economy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

The Nissan CD007 is surprisingly small for a strong 6 speed, and adapters are getting common. Maybe that's an option