Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

IOwnCalculus posted:

I think drum brakes are a thing a lot of manufacturers just buy from suppliers instead of developing their own; the wheel cylinder I pulled off was a Bendix unit, for example.

Also, Checker doesn't even actually list that part as being compatible with my year of Ranger, even though RockAuto does. :iiam:

It's a great way to cut corners/cost and save time/money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

Monthly anti-archive bump. In case anyone missed it, though it's about as far from AI as it gets, the MS3 got traded in on a new CRV. I miss the retarded amount of power to the front wheels, but I love the fuel mileage and how much room there is in the back... is this what getting old is like? :ohdear:

Changed the oil in the Ranger tonight. Checked the coolant on a whim, the reservoir was bone dry and the radiator was low enough I couldn't actually see any. No external coolant leaks that I've found so now I'm worried that the fucker has eaten a head gasket. Going to borrow the exhaust gas tester at Autozone and see if that is the case after all.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit, that's just top end lube.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Beach Bum posted:

What in the name of VEE EIGHT is this crap? Who thought this was a good idea?

Don't you dare blame me for this poo poo.