Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

TwoStepBoog posted:

I noticed the owner of a bar I'm in pour a less expensive liquor into a Crown Royal bottle.
Is there a place to report this to?

It's unlikely anyone can answer that without knowing what city, state, and country you are in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

ulmont posted:

It's unlikely anyone can answer that without knowing what city, state, and country you are in.

Sorry, you're right.
This is the US. Iowa, to be more specific.
I told the story to a friend whose family owns bars and he said even if it was the same liquor, you can't pour liquor from bottle to bottle.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

TwoStepBoog posted:

Sorry, you're right.
This is the US. Iowa, to be more specific.
I told the story to a friend whose family owns bars and he said even if it was the same liquor, you can't pour liquor from bottle to bottle.

This is generally true, marrying bottles is illegal in most places. I don't have an issue with that, personally, but it's still against the law. Pouring a cheaper liquor into a call or top shelf bottle is fraud, though. The right place to call is here: https://abd.iowa.gov/

Edit: I should say, that's almost certainly the right place to go. If it isn't, they should be able to point you in the correct direction. I would try to report it anonymously, or at least pose as a former employee rather than a current one.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Marrying bottles to keep a better stock of inventory is illegal but not uncommon. Pouring cheap liquor into a more expensive bottle is crazy illegal and something that gets places liquor licenses pulled faster than serving a minor would. Also in the US, most bars have an llc that will likely hold you liable if you know about it happening and still pour it. Get the gently caress out of that place now.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER
Derp missed new page.

Perdido fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Mar 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

CubanMissile posted:

What do you guys wear to interviews? Used to be I wore suits with no tie, but these days it feels like I should go with casual and hip.

You have to match for what you'll wear to work but a little more polished. If you come in in a button down and slacks and it's a rocker bar they're not going to hire you. If you show up for a fancy hotel job and you're not in a suit and tie they're not going to hire you.

• Locked thread