Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Masonity posted:

The official line is that it was due to poor communication. I'm going to see how the next few weeks pan out before making any decisions. And if I'm not convinced they aren't taking me for a ride I'll look for a transfer to the pub I was at before.

We have a new gm who started this week anyway, so as long as shes willing to use me properly it's fine.

I'm in the uk so wages are the main factor and I'm paid above minimum already even if doing crap work, so it's more the principle than wanting those bar shifts for the money. If I'm on the floor with a big party on a busy night I'm happy. Or have a section in the day. I actually prefer the floor when we're quieter and the bar when in the reeds.

I was asked if I'd be happy doing one shift a month at most doing crap work and I said sure. I think I was just the hard worker who didn't complain so easiest to give the crap work to even though I should be #1.

As for the promotion, the person on the floor that was half promoted before me was better at the time. And the difference between me and the new supervisor was literally that he was poo poo on the floor so after a few weeks got all bar shifts while i was given more and more floor until it was all floor. Then a bar manager left leaving us with 3 floor based managers and 2 bar based managers, so I can believe its literally because he's bar and I'm floor that I missed out. I was (and will be if it's not fixed) just annoyed that I'm floor because I'm their best floor person, but I wasn't being used effectively.

So basically, you're pissed because you believe you're "above" certain tasks. Reality check: it's a service industry job. Everyone gets stuck doing bitch work, and unless you're taking a pay cut to work those shifts, whining about it makes you sound like a primadonna. Nut up and deal with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Perdido posted:

We have bouncers, didn't realize I needed to spell that one out. I was looking at this more from a deterrent/preventative measures angle.

Was in last night and they changed the bathroom stall doors up, making it easier for door staff to peek in and see if there are multiple people in a single stall/are using if need be.

Sounds like the dealer is door staff and you may have beat cops on the take depending on your locality.

• Locked thread