Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Respekt
Aug 8, 2007
la la la
Is sparkling water and club soda essentially the same thing? People seemed so shocked that we don't stock mineral/sparkling/bottled water at our bar. Can I just serve them club soda and a lemon and say its house sparkling water?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Respekt
Aug 8, 2007
la la la
What other jobs could I look for with Restaurant/Bar manager skills that is not in the retail/food service industry?

A friend of mine suggested working as a CSR for Zappos or an airline company.

Respekt
Aug 8, 2007
la la la
My rep likes to sneak in a case of Amaretto or some ridiculous butterschnapps liquor and then says "It'll sell if you guys get behind it !! Mystery Shot !!" gently caress him. I've been lazy to get a new rep, and have just been buying off their company website.

And drat you Young's Market for not returning my calls!

Respekt
Aug 8, 2007
la la la
Is it legal in California for an employer to cut out 20% from all CC and automatic 18% gratuity tips from the employees tip pool?

If it's not legal.. I have the saddest face as I would have missed out on $$$$$

edit for clarity: My boss has been cutting 20% from all of our Credit Card tips. So if you tipped me $10, I'd be only getting $8 at the end of the night, and I'm just wondering if its legal for the boss to do that.

Respekt fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Sep 8, 2012

Respekt
Aug 8, 2007
la la la
Just got referred to do a gig at a Private residence for a holiday party next weekend.

But I have no further instructions more than just the start/end time, and to wear a black button-up.

Does anyone have experience with this? Should I prepare a small list of drinks or something? print-out of shooters I could make? Holiday drinks?

Good news is that its beginning to look like a busy holiday season this year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Respekt
Aug 8, 2007
la la la
Does anyone have experience with bar rot (Paronychia) ? It's been eating at my middle finger for weeks now, it just keeps cracking. I have tried aloe, carmex, wearing gloves but it isn't showing signs of healing at all.

• Locked thread