Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.
My first job in the service industry was as a hostess on the opening staff of a restaurant in Florida. One of the things the owner/chef drilled into our tiny little skulls before we opened was that you do not, under any circumstances, scoop ice with the destination glass. Glass is clear and glass can break - the gently caress are you gonna do if you break a glass in the ice machine/ice bucket?

I'm now a shift manager at a hotel/restaurant/bar in New Mexico, with my duties primarily being on the hotel side, but I spend a reasonable amount of time in the bar and restaurant. I see bartenders scooping ice directly into glasses, and it kind of freaks me out. Is that a frowned-upon thing or did I just have a really anal retentive owner/chef back in Florida?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

What's the purpose of the grenadine dump? e: I assume it does something to make the ice melt faster, but do elaborate!

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Here I was being all focused on functionality that I forgot that red is like the universal color for "No, stop."

• Locked thread