Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

JawKnee posted:

You can probably find spouts easily enough at a local restaurant supply store - ask for a tapered spout, and a speed spout (or fast-pour spout). Don't get ones with cork stoppers, get the rubber/plastic stoppers - the cork will degrade and you'll end up having to buy new ones. You might also occasionally run across econo-pour spouts - which automatically measure out 1oz for you (I've seen these in hotels and a couple of bars) - they are worthless to you at this point, avoid them.

Pretty much every bar in my country has those auto-measuring spouts on all bottles. I figure it's a matter of nickel and dime-ing so people don't get too much?

The standard amount of booze here in a drink is also 2 centiliters, which is less than half an ounce. If you go to a fancy nightclub, you may pay as much as $15 for a drink with half an ounce of liquor in it. Sucks balls. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread