Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003

Daric posted:

It's a Pappas restaurant for anyone in Texas who will recognize that name.

And that's the reason nothing will ever change at PDX; because Pappas managers would rather have 6 extra servers on the floor than a table have to wait five minutes to be sat. It's the same with the bar, and no meetings that a bar manager has is going to change anything. And don't go into management at Pappas, unless you hate your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003
Maybe this should go in the med thread, but is there an alternative to a hard cast when it comes to broken hand bones? I popped a knuckle kicking sometime out tonight and it's gonna affect my next couple of shifts unless there's a waterproof option.

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003

wargamerROB posted:

I've read pretty much all of the thread and tried to take everyone's advice to heart, and I'm thinking about going trying to bartend. Here's where it gets tricky: I'm looking to bartend for about a year and a half before I go to grad school, with the idea that I might be able to bartend on the side once I'm back in school. Is that enough time to get from barback to bartender and make some decent money? I feel like I'm pretty well equipped for it since I have a solid knowledge of alcohol (except wine) and I can bust my rear end on a job. Even with all the horror stories in the thread, bartending is looking a hell of more enjoyable than the office jobs I'm also looking at.

Who do you know and are you a cute girl? Also, where are you?

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003
Were you being a cool dude? Did you tip well at the end? They were being friendly.

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003
Yeah, they all think they're very clever, but every TouchTunes jukebox has a remote that can skip songs or clear out the entire queue. Also, you can't play the same song more than, I think, twice in a row, but that might be a user setting.

• Locked thread