Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zmcnulty
Jul 26, 2003

edit: whoops, wrong thread

zmcnulty fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zmcnulty
Jul 26, 2003

Wasn't necessarily the wrong thread but didn't really want to bring up the discussion again. "Wrong thread" seemed like the easiest excuse. It's like globalization, no point in arguing over it since there's no right answer.

To answer your Rusty Nail question. I've had them with scotch (single malt and blends) and bourbons and enjoy them all. If asked though, I'll say blended, if only because I don't want to waste a good single malt in a Rusty Nail. And blends tend to be cheaper should the bartender decides to charge based on ingredients.

zmcnulty - not a bartender in any professional capacity whatsoever, just something I might attempt if I get laid off. If anyone wants to know about bars/drinking in Japan though, ask away

zmcnulty fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Aug 14, 2012

zmcnulty
Jul 26, 2003

Cheap people want cheap drinks on cheap night. Surprise!

zmcnulty
Jul 26, 2003

BIG HORNY COW posted:

A few months ago a friend of mine spent $700 in the bar one night because he kept ringing the goddamn bell. He was not pleased with himself in the morning.

We have Geronimo's in Roppongi with a bell but the shots are :10bux: each. Makes spending $30K on shots a lot easier:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...o-1225970112349

Rumor is they go through more Cuervo than any bar in the world. 3011 shots is what, like 135L?

zmcnulty
Jul 26, 2003

Everyone knows The Dude doesn't drink alcohol

• Locked thread