Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Wait, you guys pay attention to the sports numbers? What is this, Sklarboro County?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
seriously. I can't imagine listening to Pistol Shrimps to actually follow the game

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Riptor posted:

seriously. I can't imagine listening to Pistol Shrimps to actually follow the game

It still needs some of that, though -- the ep where they just opened gift cards for an hour got a little old.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Mostly because of Mark bumming out hard on getting free stuff.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I listen to this while playing 2K16 with the sound off so it's like they not-really-announcing my game.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Shrimps supremacy.

Also, that milk gift was pretty bizarre.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
That was Aubrey Plaza's Pistol Shrimps Radio debut, right?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Poopy Palpy posted:

That was Aubrey Plaza's Pistol Shrimps Radio debut, right?

I think she was in the very first game they called, then promptly disappeared till this one.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Nope, I believe this is her first!

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Golden Bee posted:

Nope, I believe this is her first!

They mention her in the first when they were running down the Shrimps membership, but I can't recall her actually attending a game until now.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

funnily enough Han M'Boogie's first in-game appearance came before Aubrey Plaza's; Ingrid Walla is mentioned in the first episode as the captain (I think?) of the opposing team

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I think that was a different Ingrid.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Ah, you're right. There are a few different Ingrids associated with funnyordie, none of them her, and I thought they mentioned her whole name for some reason but they don't because why would they. Nevermind!!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

"Well, earlier Matt you were talking about doing a podcast where, you record it, but just you listen to it."

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I've never needed something on VHS more than Dumbledorf on Golf.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Just a headsup that the whole Superego crew is on Spontaneanation this week, haven't given it a full listen yet though.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

So how much of a real person is Jensen Carp? For a while I suspected it might have been Matt doing a voice.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Jensen Karp's a real former rapper / pro wrestling writer that currently manages an art gallery dedicated to pop culture, along with whatever the hell else he does in his spare time.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Coco13 posted:

Jensen Karp's a real former rapper / pro wrestling writer that currently manages an art gallery dedicated to pop culture, along with whatever the hell else he does in his spare time.

He wrote for the Espy awards and Kanye West owes him some money. He leads a varied life.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

beepo posted:

He wrote for the Espy awards and Kanye West owes him some money. He leads a varied life.

The more you write things out (he originally got famous freestyling on a call-in radio show as "Hot Karl", he hosts a podcast with the director of The Invention of Lying that Wolfpop poached from Kevin Smith) the more he sounds like a podcast version of Bill Brasky.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The next, and what looks like the last, installment of Superego: Forgotten Classics (related to that other thing the Pistol Shrimps guys and some friends of theirs do) is up on Howl.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeesh. Howl must be doing worse than I thought. Not too long ago they were talking about doing a bunch of these. The fact that "Final Episode" is in the title sounds like someone wants that definitive now.

Pumped about Stranger in a Strange Land, though.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Stranger in a Strange Land is great, and since it's the last episode I can unsubscribe to Howl! :toot:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

Yeesh. Howl must be doing worse than I thought. Not too long ago they were talking about doing a bunch of these. The fact that "Final Episode" is in the title sounds like someone wants that definitive now.

They talk in the little extra commentary session about books they'd like to do "if we ever do any more", so I suppose anything's possible. But given how quickly new content has been showing up on Howl in general (not very), yeah, I suspect that adoption is slow at best. I doubt I'll be keeping my subscription.

quote:

Pumped about Stranger in a Strange Land, though.

I thought it was fantastic. Easily my favorite of the three.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Lost my mind when Kubitch showed up this week on Pistol Shrimps. Good ep this week.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
the goddamned Journeymen song is gonna be stuck in my head for another month now

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Duke, the Sludge Man.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Wandering Knitter posted:

Stranger in a Strange Land is great, and since it's the last episode I can unsubscribe to Howl! :toot:

This is the green light for me to use the free trial code for howl :toot:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Riptor posted:

the goddamned Journeymen song is gonna be stuck in my head for another month now

It's the best Christmas song. We should all give a little bit more of a poo poo than in July.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Matt's on this Canadian film podcast reviewing Star Wars 7 http://filmjunk.com/2015/12/22/film-junk-podcast-episode-545-star-wars-the-force-awakens/

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Is it seriously over 4 and a half hours long? I know podcasts can be any length they want, and good for them, but good lord that is one long podcast.

That's like an episode of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History long. Well, one part.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
When did every Superego episode get the same theme song? Did John Barry's estate finally crack down?

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Gourley was streaming some late night Superego action on Periscope that just ended, so hopefully we've got a new episode coming up soon.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1djGXzgvkPXxZ for 14 minutes of fun.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Whoa, new episode out of nowhere after 7 months without one. This one has Fun Buns and another Pistol Shrimp in it.

oh, it's the 10th anniversary episode. And it's 40 minutes long. And appearantly it's the last non-Howl episode. :(

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Mar 4, 2016

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Probably to advertise that their backlog's on howl.fm now.
e: oop, nevermind.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Mar 4, 2016

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Not just the backlog. Gourley says in the intro they're only doing a handful of specials per year on Howl from now on.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

To be honest, that probably means a net increase of Superego content produced going forward.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Great ep. RIP.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
So now you have to pay for new superego eps by subscribing to howl? rip superego

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Back To 99 posted:

So now you have to pay for new superego eps by subscribing to howl? rip superego

Superego was basically dead before this, so un-rip superego?

Matt Gourley is the "podcast director" at earwolf, so it only makes sense that he would try to bring stuff to them. I think it's a win, worst case you pay 4 bucks like once a year or whatever and listen to the episodes that have built up.

• Locked thread