Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I just found out TI has some pretty nifty ULP MCUs with decent-sized on-chip FRAM, and they are about 30% cheaper than any equivalent-sized FRAM chips I can find.

I also found out that they have yet another eclipse-based IDE. I think I have about 6 of them installed at this point, including actual non-brand eclipse. I've been using it for about 12 years now though, so I actually prefer it over just about everything else.

e: It's not like there's a whole lot of IDEs around anyway

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

csammis posted:

The MSP430FRs? I've been using them and I like them.

Yeah, those. Specifically the 256KB versions; it replaces a more expensive component, is ULP so power is not a huge issue and you get a whole MCU essentially for free.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Phobeste posted:

Why would you want to add programmable parts...

The joke answer is that I get paid to write programs, not to design simple things.

The real answer is we needed an SoC of some kind anyway, and the higher-tier FRs have GPIOs aplenty.

(also TI has a dead-easy sample project for turning the MCU into an SPI-FRAM-with-altogether-too-many-pins; not that I can use it anyway because I need more complex functionality)

• Locked thread