Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I've been working on a project with Arduino and RPi, and I know I'm not working with 'real embedded' stuff yet, but I am in love with tiny computing devices and the things they can do. I have a Stellaris on order and want to play with the 430 stuff as well.

I'm assuming that it would behoove me to grind on C for a while? I write perl for a living and can hack through Arduino sketches no problem, but as for the finer (uglier?) points of 'real' C, I'm green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
The good Radio Shack here has the Sparkfun/whatever shelf with not only Arduinos but stuff like BASIC Stamps and other platforms, and has full-height parts drawer racks. And they know that when I walk in that I know what I need already, haha. I actually bought my first Uno there on a complete impulse. 35 bucks isn't bad for instant gratification.

• Locked thread