Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

How easy/hard is it to get permanent residence with an O-1A? Can I use my successful O-1 case for an EB-1?

Also, can I tell everyone that the US government officially thinks that I'm a special snowflake? :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Oh I already got my O-1 approved. And I do have an attorney who prepped my case. He kicks all sorts of rear end, and has never had a failed O-1 application.

It was indeed a long and annoying process, but I did get it (at the ripe old age of 26 with just a Bachelors degree). We haven't discussed permanent residence with him, but it's part of the contract with my company.

Cheers for the detailed reply :)

Edit: now if I only could transfer my UK credit rating to the US that would be just peachy.

awesome-express fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 10, 2015

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

lol internet. posted:

The whole thing with him was less then 5mins, I'm not sure how they justify the $300 fee. I had to pay an extra $1 as well for paying debit.

america.txt

poo poo like that is seriously making me consider not using my O-1 and just staying in Britain.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

So I had my self-sponsored EB-1 (I-140) approved with no RFEs or anything. My lawyer says this is a very rare scenario.

I presume the next step is consular interviews and stuff like police reports.

Will having a speeding ticket from when I was 18 (8 years ago) impact the embassy's decision in granting me permanent residency? I had my license suspended but got it back really fast by proving I was providing exceptional contributions to the community. This is in the UK btw.

I'm a bit worried that a dumb mistake will make them go 'lol no' especially with Trump-dawg demanding more scrutiny.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

My EB-1 got approved (with no RFEs!) and I have filed my DS-260 and submitted my civil docs to the NVC. Fedex shows that the NVC received the civil documents on Jan 25th. I presume the next stage, if everything checks out, is to get an email with a scheduled interview?

If so, how long does it take for the NVC to review stuff? As it's been 4+ weeks now since they got everything without a single peep.

Edit: I'm based in London if that helps with anything.

Edit 2: Found this on my DS-260 confirmation page, I guess I should hear back from them in the next 2 weeks? It's already been 30 days, but do they mean working days?

awesome-express fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 27, 2017

• Locked thread