Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharks Below
May 23, 2011

ty hc <3
I'm doing my adjustment of status on 1/1/17 and that, according to my estimated dates, is 10 days after I'm gonna have a baby. Our plan is to just have all the paperwork ready then add the info like date of birth of child, birth certificate if available etc and send it in as soon as we can. We recently bought a house and tbh I'm not sure what else we could be doing to be more clear that we're a legit marriage so that is kinda nice, our finances are all merged and we jointly filed taxes etc. Just gotta wait it out now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Below
May 23, 2011

ty hc <3
Vent away friend. I had to travel to a city an hour's plane flight / 8 hours drive away to do mine. It sucked, the whole process sucked.

Sharks Below
May 23, 2011

ty hc <3
I can apply for removal of conditions 1/1/17 and this year we bought a house and as long as the baby is not more than 13 days late by then we'll have had a baby so that is great news Ashcans :)

Sharks Below
May 23, 2011

ty hc <3
Nearly done putting together my i-751 status adjustment package which has been such a loving mission with a newborn.

If I have the following:

- mortgage & deed copy of our house
- birth cert of child
- bank statements of joint acct
- insurance beneficiary stuff
- tax return filed jointly
- 2 affidavits from friends backing our legit marriage

do you think I still need photos etc? Trying to avoid a trip to staples or wherever to print stuff.

Sharks Below
May 23, 2011

ty hc <3
Ok sweet. I think I have a couple from our baby shower that are already printed out that I can toss in.

Speaking of interviews, I have tried to find the answers to this but it seems unclear. Will I be interviewed again? And what is a biometrics appointment, what does that involve? Why would I need to do that? Would I have to travel far for these things? I'm in central Vermont. I'm just dreading travelling with a baby, potentially by myself since husbo has a pretty intense job with the fed judiciary.

Sharks Below
May 23, 2011

ty hc <3
Ashcans did you knows that you are a treasure and a gem?

e: both those places are within 2 hours so that is p sweet, and near places we love to visit :3

Sharks Below fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Below
May 23, 2011

ty hc <3
Ashcans may correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't seem like you have much concrete evidence, like co-mingling of assets etc? Idk. Affidavits?

I got my biometrics appointment letter a couple of weeks ago, for an 8am appointment somewhere that's over 2 hours drive from me and I have a 3 month old. Yeah, nah. I asked for a reschedule closer to the middle of the day, any time except between May 7 and 14 as my husband will be away.

It's May 8 at midday :lol: Ok whatever hope you enjoy fussy infants you big dummies

• Locked thread