Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Shark Waifuu
Dec 9, 2012

Hi thread! My husband and I are in the process of getting documents together to show we are ~in love~ so that he can get a green card. I have over 600 pages of Skype chat logs, and while I think they'd be useful in showing we talked a lot when not together I don't want to ship them a ream of paper. What's the best way to edit this down to something reasonable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Shark Waifuu
Dec 9, 2012

Thanks for the info! I'm going through and pulling out the call records, but now I'll add in the useful planning conversations. Even then I bet it will still be still 30 pages :suicide:

We've got a good set of pictures of us in recognizable locations, so that's good, but we eloped to Las Vegas, so we're thin on actual wedding stuff. The families (still) like us, so would affidavits from parents be a good addition? These are lawyer-signed documents, correct?

My Shark Waifuu
Dec 9, 2012

About to submit the green card application! One final question: do I have to submit both my birth certificate and my passport to prove I'm a US citizen, or just one of those?

My Shark Waifuu
Dec 9, 2012

OK, so I submitted the I-130 petition for my husband, but I'm impatient and want him to be here sooner than 9+ months. I'm looking at the K-3 application (here: http://www.uscis.gov/i-129f) for spouses and it seems that all I need to submit is an I-129, a copy of the marriage certificate, and a copy of the I-797? That seems too good to be true, what am I missing?

• Locked thread