Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuclear Mage
May 16, 2004

Glow in the dark hero!
The London based company that I work for has an office in New York and has been there for a few years. We've transferred people to the US under an E1 "trade treaty" visa, however I am the first non-UK employee to require a transfer (I'm a Dutch citizen). According to our lawyer (who is vague at the best of times) I cannot get an E1 visa and need an L1 visa, provided I can prove I have "special skills".

My question is, how does one prove one has special skills? I work as an IT professional and am only being considered for relocation due to my experience in the company.

Do immigration officers really research exactly what it is you do? Or do they just take a wild stab at how important you are by looking at your salary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread