Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ltr
Oct 29, 2004

PRADA SLUT posted:

When you go through border security it takes you to ALL the gates. Otherwise you would have one set of gates for people only traveling through, and a different set for (screened) people coming through from the outside.

Then you can't have the through-travelers and the screened travelers on the same flight since they would share the same gate, and then someone could just fly in to the US, go straight to the gates for their "connecting" flight, and then leave the airport.

The rest of the world seems to work without sending in transit travelers through customs. Of course compared to the rest of the world, US customs is the absolute worst to get through so it's not a surprise that they can't figure this out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Ashcans posted:

Feel free to use the thread to vent if it helps, the OP is long gone and its not like you'd be interrupting anything. :shrug:

I also hate the medical process, everyone feels frustrated that they can't just refer to their normal doctor for this, and you basically pay a fat fee for what amounts to some unremarkable doctor signing off on a form for you. It's always a source of ire, from the cost to the wait times, and its the thing we have the least ability to control or to prepare our clients for.

Yes. medical is the worst. Wife is from Asia, but in the US on a visa. Medical ran $290 and failed her TB test since they use a different vaccine in Asia and it causes false positives with our TB skin test, she was also missing one of the three vaccinations in the MMR. The thing is she is pregnant so can't do the chest X-ray, can't take MMR vaccine. Mailed in her packet for a green card a few weeks ago with the incomplete medical exam knowing that at the minimum we're getting an RFE for medical.

We went basic on the evidence, proof of joint bank accounts, multiple airline tickets with both of us sitting next to each other and about 20 pictures from both our overseas and American weddings, pictures with family and friends from both sides. If that is not enough proof, by the time we get the RFE for it, the baby will be born and we'll have a few more things as proof.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Ashcans posted:

With a house and a kid I expect you'll be fine, unless there is something else weird thrown into the mix (like if you're not actually living together right now or something like that). I think that USCIS has decided that if you are willing to have kids and buy a house to keep up your deception, you're as jointly committed to it as most people are to their real marriage :v: You can always keep the photos to bring to an interview or send if you get an RFE.

When we interviewed for my wife's green card we had our two month old baby with us, it didn't feel like an interview at all. The interviewer was literally, "I was stationed in Japan with the Navy, what city in Japan did you get married?" Every other question was, handing him birth and marriage certificates, etc.. For bonafide proof of marriage, all we had was a single bank statement, three pages of photos and our baby's birth certificate. I think babies born to a US citizen and a foreign partner is not questioned that much unless there are some red flags in the application.

• Locked thread