Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Thanks for the chart. I was born in the US so I'm a citizen but I'm 24 and only lived there 6 or so years of my life, good to know if anything really goes bad I can bring my wife and parents and get them all green cards.

That chart says minors of US Citizens can apply for a green card... aren't minors automatically naturalized if parents are citizens? At least I thought that's how it works, that if I have children they'll be US Citizens regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Adar posted:

That chart refers to existing children of a foreigner who marries a US citizen. Newborns are usually automatically considered US citizens, but there are a few exceptions if the child was born abroad:

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_5199.html

Check the above link and try to figure out the status of your father and yourself. If you're not citizens, getting in through her is effectively impossible unless she wanted to move back and wait out a fairly long period of time.

Ah, if I'm American and my wife isn't I only transmit it if I lived in the US for 5 years (Which I did) 2 of which were after the age of 14 (Which I'm not sure about)

• Locked thread