Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Thinky Whale posted:

Jetboy gets memorialized a lot through the series, but yep, the bad guys who stole the bomb are never mentioned again. One of the introductions or afterwords implies that Thirty Minutes Over Broadway was an unrelated story that was reworked to fit into the Wild Cards universe, which would explain why it feels out of place. Interestingly, the series was reworked to fit the story, too - the original plan was to have the outbreak in the 80s, but to fit with the time period Waldrop wanted to write, they moved it earlier, which ended up being a good thing because it allowed for some interesting stuff like guys with superstrength trying to deal with McCarthy and HUAC.

I'm still on book two but I hope the timeline remains where it is. Because once you get too far up into the 90s then inevitably as the loving tide things will gravitate towards camera phones, google, internet and magic bullet hackers.

I like it when "the gang" goes through the city to ask about the whereabouts of some person. As opposed to "I googled his name on my phone and his latest facebook update has a selfie from a club tree blocks away"

Thinky Whale posted:

That's extremely nice of you! It looks like there's a button in the top bar for it if you'd like to.

It requires the email of the account to work. But I could send a gift certificate code if you want to link some throw away email address in the thread. Replace the @ with (a) to keep spam down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.
Oh, cool, I've got a throwaway at pileofsecrets123 (a) gmail (dot) com

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Thinky Whale posted:

Oh, cool, I've got a throwaway at pileofsecrets123 (a) gmail (dot) com

And sent.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
http://www.tor.com/2017/02/21/announcing-george-r-r-martins-wild-cards-the-reread/

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bookmarking that; it's got links to two of the stories added to the revised Volume 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

Thanks for the heads up! That should be an interesting thing to see. I'm figuring their take is going to be a whole lot different from mine.

• Locked thread