Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
That tour is hardly a tour-- it's more like a few shows out of town for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
I Can Be a Frog is like 2 minutes long.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
I remember that when they played "See the Leaves" on the Tonight Show the week that Embryonic came out, it was suitably hosed up and grim.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

Surfingelectrode posted:

It was 'Watching the Planets,' and it was awesome.

My favorite is still when they played 'Mountain Side' on Jon Stewart, though. Also, this.

Oh, right. That was the week of my father's funeral. That record just sounded perfect at the time.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
Uh, Mercury Rev still rules. Snowflake Midnight was a psychedelic fever-dream, and their show supporting it was miles beyond what the Lips have been doing for the last 15 years or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

rear end Catchcum posted:

Holy crap because of this thread and the posts that stem from the hate that Wayne has brought forth I have listened to Mercury Rev and Polyphonic Spree for the first time and oh my god!

Also did Ronald ever do anything else? Play on any other albums? What if him and Drozd made an album together...

Ronald worked on Richard Davies' album Telegraph-- he co-produced and played some instrumentation. That was like 17 years ago. I seriously don't think he's done anything since.

• Locked thread