Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah, it's still a big shift in the series though, and new people are still coming into the thread. Seems like if it's worth the sirens and so forth, it might as well have spoiler tags to boot. Not a huge deal but thought it was worth mentioning.

I discovered this thread after reading Storm Front, but I totally refrained from looking at the thread until I was completely finished with the series (except for the part about how Fool Moon is skippable, a warning I didn't heed). So there :colbert:
It was really hard not to go back and look at spoilers dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

If he did go totally power crazy next book he could probably also dual weld those swords, though being the night does inherently corrupt him.

No seriously daggerdragon stay out of this
If Harry did that, the swords would be tarnished and lose their power. There could then be no successors to Shiro and Michael. We can't have that... can we? :ohdear: And I don't care, I'm still betting on Murphy wielding one of them (probably Fidelacchius) in the future. And maybe it would be interesting if Molly ended up meeting a guy who ends up becoming the other successor, to kind of follow in her parents' footsteps a bit.

root beer fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Sep 23, 2012

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

keiran_helcyan posted:

Sword speculation Murphy will get the katana sword because I swear she had a katana in her apartment, she likes martial arts, and she used that sword already at the conclusion of Changes. Thomas will wield the sword of love because it thematically fits with his struggling against his incubus nature, also his father was the White KING.

Regarding Murphy, those reasons are exactly why I believe she should wield Fidelacchius, but also because of how she appears when Harry uses his Sight. Good call on Thomas and Amoracchius though.

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

I don't think he's corrupted enough for that, even if he was it would go back to normal after he was done.

I meant it more along the line that Harry may not be in the best of mental states as the Winter Knight, thus he might not be using the swords with the purest intentions in mind in such a situation. Therefore, they go kaput.

Spoilerrific!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Zola posted:

Or possibly Mister is a familiar and thus isn't really a cat but is rather a spirit assuming cat form.

If that were the case, how is Bob able to go out prowling in Mister? I've been kinda worried about that catte considering his age so I'm hoping there really is something more to him that we might think.

e: that's what I get for not reloading the page

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Seriously, there cannot be a more apt title for that book than Changes. The world will be turned upside-down, a few times, before you're through with it.

• Locked thread