Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS

duckmaster posted:

Wolves - Bolton - Aldershot

Fiver returns thirty quid and you're all very welcome.

Burton 4-0 up after half an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

gibsonisacripple posted:

And?

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

gibsonisacripple posted:

Brilliant :)

Unfortunately the scores for my games are 1-0, 0-0 and 1-1 :(

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS

Oops why the gently caress did I read that as Burton.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

duckmaster posted:

2 out of 3 ain't bad I guess?

In unrelated news, I put a cheecky fiver on Cluj. Thanks Romanian dudes!

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I'm sure I read something from one of the Guardian guys recently, that if you'd put £100 on each of the odds-on teams in the EPL for the last few seasons, you'd have come out at least £500 ahead each time.

Grievo, does your new job allow you to confirm such things?

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

I don't think Grievo works for BET365 anymore, can't blame him for wanting to get the gently caress out of Stoke tbh.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

duckmaster posted:

Haha, serves you right :cool:

Think I might limit my betting to weekends only this year.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

I only have a fiver a week, still ended up in a profit. I'm waiting for the teams to pick up some form before I start betting (see the results of the Albion game, the man utd game and the arsenal game)

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I'm sure I read something from one of the Guardian guys recently, that if you'd put £100 on each of the odds-on teams in the EPL for the last few seasons, you'd have come out at least £500 ahead each time.

This might be true.

Let's put it to the test this weekend.

Brighterday
Jun 25, 2005

beedeebee posted:

How do you guys feel about accumulators with a poo poo-ton of games? You can have massive odds, but the chances of one team loving everything up are very, very real.

You shouldn't really be doing it, they're fun but you can't really expect to turn a profit in the long term with them.

I've read about it before, it's complicated maybe wikipedia can help a little http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics_of_bookmaking#Overround_on_multiple_bets

Bascially the bigger the accumulator, the larger the overround will be (larger than just adding overrounds of the singles together) but I still have fivefolds fairly often myself but any more than that and I know I'm losing so much value that I can't bring myself to bet.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Can't believe Panathinaikos to win against Malaga is at 5/1 tonight.
Aren't Malaga in complete disarray, not paying their players wages, having sold off everybody worth a drat and still being completely broke?

Yeah they won against newly promoted team Celta Vigo this weekend, but still...
All of that can't be good for morale? And Panathinaikos aren't super bad.

I think it's cheeky fiver time :shepface:

ephex fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Aug 22, 2012

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Bad bets, bad bets, whatcha' gonna do:

£20 on The Chels to win @ 1/4
£2.45 on Under 2.5 in the same game @ 13/10
£2.35 on Malaga & Panathanaikos to draw @ 14/5
£0.15 on The Chels to win 7-0 @ 100/1 (all bets must end with me having bet a round amount of money in total; all bets must end with a round amount of money remaining in my account)

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I put 5 on Hazard to score the first goal at 6,5/1. Mainly because I'm an idiot and I really like Hazard.

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001
I like how every post in this thread is a bet followed by the poster trashing himself for being stupid.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Stupid Hazard, always letting other people score...

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Bad bets, bad bets, whatcha' gonna do:

£20 on The Chels to win @ 1/4
£2.45 on Under 2.5 in the same game @ 13/10
£2.35 on Malaga & Panathanaikos to draw @ 14/5
£0.15 on The Chels to win 7-0 @ 100/1 (all bets must end with me having bet a round amount of money in total; all bets must end with a round amount of money remaining in my account)

well, that was possibly the least fun way to break even that's happened in a while

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

well, that was possibly the least fun way to break even that's happened in a while

To be fair the German did mock you for that bet in another thread. Guess he's got another defeat to deal with now.

I had a £70 double on Chelsea and Blackburn.

Needledick
May 26, 2012

unless my maths is broken, you're 5p up?

tidy profit imo

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Needledick posted:

unless my maths is broken, you're 5p up?

tidy profit imo

stop the presses

I HAVE AGAIN WON AT BETTING

Mr.AARP
Apr 20, 2010

I was born after Kurt Cobain died. Now you feel old.

stop the presses

I HAVE AGAIN WON AT BETTING

Yet failed your elementary math exams. Oh the irony.

Tbf, that under 2.5 goals bet looked tidy. Too bad the keepers were utter shite.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Cheeky fiver on Fellaini first goal during half time on Monday at 14/1 after originally going on because a TV advert told me Rooney was 7/1 and I thought it was a good price. The moral is bet on your own team especially if you have Fellaini.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Have put another £7.50 on both Scotch teams to lose tonight. Works out at nearly 2/1.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Have put another Ā£7.50 on both Scotch teams to lose tonight. Works out at nearly 2/1.

Went for this too but threw in Newcastle to win away to make it 5/1.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
Well, gently caress you all.

I have £20 on Hearts at 6/1.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Grievo posted:

I have Ā£20 on Hearts at 6/1.

Went with this cause gently caress Liverpool

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

£7 on Draw/Liverpool from 20 mins in at 21/10, now up for the night and freerolling my last bet, £5 on Madrid at 15/4. Come on you cunts

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Was going well until I decided that 5/1 on the treble was good enough to warrant an extra £15

Still, all but broke even on the night again

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Grievo posted:

I have £20 on Hearts at 6/1.

Ignored your own rule eh

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Ah well. Was on £21.70 from my 20 deposit so put the shrapnel on +4.5 goals at 4/1 and now win anyway even though Madrid can't defend. Love this betting shite

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

I was bored at work today so I started fiddling with Excel. If you'd put £10 on the odds-on result in every game last season on Bet365, you'd have won 52% of your bets but you'd also have been £360 down by the end.

There wasn't a single game with a draw as the result with the lowest odds, which is probably what fucks things up. The longest odds given on any result was Blackburn to beat United at Old Trafford at 25/1, which was also the biggest possible win.

The most profitable teams to bet on every time they were favourites were United (£58.60), City (£53.20) and Norwich (£31.30). The least profitable would have been Liverpool (-£100.40), Villa (-£63.20) and Chelsea (-£61.10).

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Everyone post your Tips n Slips for the weekend so you can be smug when you win

This weekend I've gone for:

Southampton @ 11/10
Blackpool @ 1/1
Cardiff @ 11/8
Juventus @ 3/10

4 folds @ 12/1

and a cheeky away games acca:

Leeds @ 13/10
Sheff Utd @ 13/10
Gillingham @ 6/4
Man City @ 7/5

4 folds @ 30/1

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
My work accumulator is Swansea, Sunderland, Sheff Weds and a Villa/Everton draw for 25/1. Not getting back into proper betting until there have been a few more rounds of games and form is becoming more obvious.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Gone for Swansea to beat West Ham at 23/20.

After that I'm seriously considering doing something irresponsible on Man City to beat Liverpool with a -1 handicap at 7/2.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

gently caress it, I said I was going to wait longer but I'll have a go today when iI get back from the gym. Anyone else got tips? betting slips for today?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
My both teams to score accumulator for today's Game Day:

Needledick
May 26, 2012

Tortuga posted:

Gone for Swansea to beat West Ham at 23/20.

After that I'm seriously considering doing something irresponsible on Man City to beat Liverpool with a -1 handicap at 7/2.

Gone in big on the Swans to gently caress West Ham up at 11/10

also got a stoke/arsenal draw and city to beat liverpoo paired at about 6's but only £3.

Good luck betting goons lets all waste our hard earned money!

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Right, ok, time for another set of heart attack inducers:

£7.50 on Southampton @ 11/10
£2.50 on West Ham @ 13/5
£2.50 on Fulham @ 10/1 (purely because I think that's a good price for a team going up against Michael Carrick in defence)

£2.50 on Sunderland to win 2-1 @ 15/2
£2.50 on Darren Bent to score @ 7/4
£2.50 on Norwich/QPR to be over 2.5 @ 4/5

£1.21 on West Ham/QPR/Southampton @ ~20/1

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
6/4 for Man City tomorrow seems huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001