Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Since Sunderland vs Reading has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch do bookies usually just void that result if it's in an accumulator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Flayer posted:

Since Sunderland vs Reading has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch do bookies usually just void that result if it's in an accumulator?

I think they'll void it if a replay isn't arranged within a week.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I have gone for

Man Utd
Coventry
Doncaster
Bradford

pays about 8.5/1

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Needledick posted:

Gone in big on the Swans to gently caress West Ham up at 11/10

also got a stoke/arsenal draw and city to beat liverpoo paired at about 6's but only Ā£3.

Good luck betting goons lets all waste our hard earned money!

Listened to both of you on the Swansea match and I went heavy on the betting. Cheers for this guys

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
cardiff you useless shithouses

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Aldershot v Cheltenham abandoned, my accy will be off right? :(

Seem to remember this happening last season with a game getting P-P. Will my pound be refunded?

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS

britishbornandbread posted:

Aldershot v Cheltenham abandoned, my accy will be off right? :(

Seem to remember this happening last season with a game getting P-P. Will my pound be refunded?

That game void but rest of the acca counts

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS

gibsonisacripple posted:

Man U
Chester
Oxford United
Gloucester
Pays around 6/1.

Histon lost 6-0 on Tuesday. Won today :(.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Gone for over 2.5 in the Chelsea/Newcastle game at 8/13.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Right, ok, time for another set of heart attack inducers:

£7.50 on Southampton @ 11/10
£2.50 on West Ham @ 13/5
£2.50 on Fulham @ 10/1 (purely because I think that's a good price for a team going up against Michael Carrick in defence)

£2.50 on Sunderland to win 2-1 @ 15/2
£2.50 on Darren Bent to score @ 7/4
£2.50 on Norwich/QPR to be over 2.5 @ 4/5

£1.21 on West Ham/QPR/Southampton @ ~20/1

fiddlesticks

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

After Man Utd went down in the first couple of minutes I got odds of 4/5 on them. Happy with that.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
gently caress Derby,

also gently caress Spurs.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I was four teams scoring away from £2,200. Had Burnley, Scunthorpe, Aldershot and Burton scored I'd be very, very rich.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

britishbornandbread posted:

I was four teams scoring away from £2,200. Had Burnley, Scunthorpe, Aldershot and Burton scored I'd be very, very rich.
A familiar lament.

Feral Jesus
Oct 9, 2003
£7 on leeds 2-1 Peterborough at 8/1 :getin:

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
gently caress both Tottenham and West Bromwich.

Last minute goal costs me a coupon.

Cunts.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

So, Grievo, if, say, one was to go back in time and to know all of the football results, rather than, say, actually changing any of the terrible decisions one made in life, how much money would you have to make in order to raise suspicions?

It is for a project

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

So, Grievo, if, say, one was to go back in time and to know all of the football results, rather than, say, actually changing any of the terrible decisions one made in life, how much money would you have to make in order to raise suspicions?

It is for a project

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

It is for a project

There are about 50 different decent bookmakers.

They also keep on winning punters, as markers and because they believe they'll eventually lose.

They may restrict your max winnings though. And the best place to place large bets is the high street.

Kempo
Oct 8, 2006

My bird's brother came round today and said he'd just seen someone in Ladbrokes stick £400 on West Ham, what a loving loon.

Needledick
May 26, 2012

Kempo posted:

My bird's brother came round today and said he'd just seen someone in Ladbrokes stick £400 on West Ham, what a loving loon.

Should have just set fire to it tbh.

Got on Man City at 13/10 (7/5 now) which is just absolutely MASSIVE and I'm sorely tempted to lump on a big, big sum. Ready to fall flat on my face over this but even the man city -1 still looks great value so chucked a cheeky £10 and change on that as well.

arsenal/stoke I dont have a clue but I went for the draw

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

remember, the most sensible and healthy way to get over a losing day at the betting is to bet significantly more to win it all back

£12.50 on Stoke or Draw @ 8/13
£20.00 on City to win @ 7/5
£2.00 on a pair of draws @ ~10/1 (as a backup)

I'm presuming the high price on City is because they've basically poo poo the bed at Anfield for the last however many years. On the other hand, Liverpool.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Milan
Inter
Roma
Barca
Madrid
Valencia

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Yeah surely, loving Liverpool.

I've put my annual early season lump on City to win, and some more on them to win with a -1 handicap at 7/2, and some more when that changed to 4/1. I won't bet on football until Christmas if this goes down.

I blame Swansea in advance for being so accomodating yesterday.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Did Liverpool lose a single "big" game at home last season? They always show up against the big teams at Anfield, no matter how poo poo their form is.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Sky are showing clips of the last time City won at Anfield, and, well... all I'll say is that it includes Peter loving Schmeichel jumping around. Still, I think you can put too much emphasis on historical trends. This is a lesson I learned when I bet on Swansea to lose their eighth consecutive opening day match.

I've also put another £18 on Osasuna-Barca to go over 2.5 goals @ 19/40, because if you're going to be retarded, you might as well go full-bore retarded.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I look forward to FLJs imminent bankruptcy.

Needledick
May 26, 2012
Stoke +1 @ 4/6 is tempting.

Also over 45 booking points at 6/4. Diaby hates physical opponents, and it's loving stoke.

gently caress it, £5 on each

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I took Stoke to win at 23/10, they seem nice odds all told.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Saw the Arsenal team sheet, instantly put a fiver on Stoke.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

peanut- posted:

Did Liverpool lose a single "big" game at home last season? They always show up against the big teams at Anfield, no matter how poo poo their form is.
We lost to Arsenal

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Forgot to post my slip, here it is:

So far, so good, let's see what the rest of the teams do :)

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

remember, the most sensible and healthy way to get over a losing day at the betting is to bet significantly more to win it all back

£12.50 on Stoke or Draw @ 8/13
£20.00 on City to win @ 7/5
£2.00 on a pair of draws @ ~10/1 (as a backup)

I'm presuming the high price on City is because they've basically poo poo the bed at Anfield for the last however many years. On the other hand, Liverpool.

dolla dolla bill y'all

still need the Barca result to come through to break even on the weekend, though

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I'm the worst gambler.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
This dickstretcher is also an awful gambler.

Tortuga posted:

Yeah surely, loving Liverpool.

I've put my annual early season lump on City to win, and some more on them to win with a -1 handicap at 7/2, and some more when that changed to 4/1.
:thumbsup:

Lesson learned for another half season or so.

Needledick
May 26, 2012

Needledick posted:

Got on Man City at 13/10 (7/5 now) which is just absolutely MASSIVE and I'm sorely tempted to lump on a big, big sum. Ready to fall flat on my face over this but even the man city -1 still looks great value so chucked a cheeky £10 and change on that as well.

arsenal/stoke I dont have a clue but I went for the draw

Ended up a few quid up luckily after baulking at the £300 I had on a slip for the city win. Glad my gut feeling won. Congrats to all today's winners and gently caress man city for being a bit toilet

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Flayer posted:

I look forward to FLJs imminent bankruptcy.

(totally just pissed half my winnings away on poo poo in-plays but whatevs)

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

and we're done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Adulterous Hitler posted:

I'm the worst gambler.

I've never won money from football so I think its me. I'm the worst gambler

• Locked thread