Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?
Those are all fantastic. Love the RVP header challenge.

e:
Little kid recreates Mario's flexing

Grainbarn fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

Drogadon posted:

Is it because their young and impressionable or just plain dumb and squander the money on mansions and lambos or is it because they're being taken advantage of by someone?

Honestly I have a hard time feeling bad for them if it's the former (most likely)

It's always a combination. Most star athletes have been treated as such since they showed promise, and that continues to get heaped on more and more as they show more and more talent. Add in a disproportionate amount of them coming from low-income backgrounds, sprinkle on some poo poo-heel investors ready to empty your pockets and waste your money with investments. Throw in a Lambo, a mansion for Ma and you're pretty well on your way to bankruptcy in a few years when the millions no longer exist but bills for a millionaire do.

Especially in America, it's mostly a low education/low income upbringing and then sudden wealth and having no idea what the gently caress to do with it or who to trust with it. I doubt it's much different for soccer players.

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

T. Mascis posted:

Peep Wenger in the background. Also I had those same Reebok Pumps.

Love that creepy grin and poncho sweater over the shoulders.

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

goddamnedtwisto posted:

They normally have one camera trained on the dugout at all times for the inevitable managerial reaction shots, which irritate me strangely. What is being illuminated by us knowing that Jose Mourinho is happy that his team have scored? I don't mind them in other circumstances but they seem to cut to the manager reacting every single time a goal is scored now and it's really loving annoying.
Sports on TV are shown with an attempt for telling the story as it unfolds. Crowd shots, dugout shots, manager shots etc are all part of delivering the narrative of the game with the full cast of characters. The more famous the manager/player the more you'll see their reactions to events. It's pretty standard fare these days. I think I'd notice it missing if they stopped, weirdly enough.

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

Hoops posted:

Love it when fashionable megastar celebrities decide to support Liverpool. Not being facetious at all, give me all the plastic fans. Funnel all the money into developing the stadium, win the league, win the CL, thanks Nicki and Lebron.

I think you may be over-estimating the impact of Nicki Minaj holding a Liverpool flag in Liverpool at her own concert.

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

Popehoist posted:

I completely missed this at the time, but Holloway had an incredible rant about the racismbomb in Serbia a couple weeks ago. Don't think I've ever heard him this angry, even moreso than his famous interview during the Rooney saga

Good on him. gently caress FIFA and UEFA.

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?
I can't tell if Ronaldo is bored, can't figure out how to close the window or just really annoyed at being yelled at by a bunch of dudes.

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?
He's got black friends and black cousins. Case closed.

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

T. Mascis posted:

More yellow cards for simulation than anyone else, he's an absolute piece of poo poo
Where is Suarez on the List?

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

TheBigAristotle posted:

I feel like players would get more calls if they didn't do the whole knee-bend thing as they fall to the ground.

The best bits of dives are when the guy doesn't lose the ball entirely so he just gets up and goes and gets it. But if that ball moved a bit far, might as well've been a gunshot to the chest. *tucks knees*

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?
Juan Mata approves via the TV

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

tbp posted:

What's the black and white one, four rows down all the way to the right? Don't think I recognize it

e: whoops misread

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

blue footed boobie posted:

https://twitter.com/jamosfoundation/status/319102300251631617

David James tweeted that he's signing for Icelandic club IBV as player-coach. IBV is apparently located on an island off of Iceland with 4,000 inhabitants. They play here:

That kind of rules.

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

hahahaha this is so fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

Suqit posted:

If you can find it watch the documentary The 2 Escobars. It's phenomenal and will answer that comment much better than I ever could.

Everyone should do this anyway, my favorite 30 for 30 by far.

• Locked thread