Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Was it ever established whose cock was that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Semprini posted:

It was Man Utd's back then, but it now belongs to Real Madrid.
:golfclap:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

His repeated kissing of the badge oh god

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Enjoyed Fergie's little smile too. I'd at least respect that he didn't get embroiled in the shitfest with that impetuous kid

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He's really asking for it by phrasing his point like that:

quote:

"It's been a trend for me," Rodgers said. "I arrived here having worked at a big club before. I had four-and-a-half terrific years at Chelsea. And I'd certainly seen enough games at that level to see that sometimes the big clubs do get the decisions.

"I came here, to one of the biggest clubs in the world, and in my opening period, we haven't got a thing. So I just wanted to ask the question and put my point across. And Mike was excellent. He's doing a terrific job, because being head of the referees is not easy."

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Inside City this week has members of the squad attempting to speak Chinese which is quite amusing.
Balotelli has the best attempt while Zabaleta's gonna get slaughtered by the Chinese for apologising in Japanese.

Also this City TV thing is insanely good, every club needs this

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That shirt is actually referencing a quote from critically acclaimed 1986 film Blue Velvet, although apparently several others have used it since then. Can't look at that face and think he went with the antiquated film reference rather than "Hmm, this is vulgar, I'll take it" though.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Shouldn't the keeper be carded after the second offence? Unsporting behaviour and such?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Sid Lowe's article on him sums it up perfectly; how on earth was he hidden for so long?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

skirth posted:

Yeah I seriously don't get this. He has 50 caps for Spain while Arteta has 0. Who exactly was he hidden from?
From the big teams? He only moved to Malaga last season, which was itself hardly a big team. If you read the article the interviewees mostly express regret he's playing in Spain, which is a real bummer for top players if you can't get into Madrid or Barca.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

good luck kitten posted:

I don't understand what you're going on about. He has not been hidden to anyone who has ever followed anything to do with La Liga. Villarreal wasn't exactly the equivalent of MK Dons while he was there. He could have gone to any number of clubs that were willing to shell out the money for him at the time. Malaga didn't exactly buy him for a cheap price.
Is it so hard to understand that he never got the chance to play in the Champion's League. He's been underexposed. That's literally all I meant by "hidden". If you guys are so keen to hop on the "sperglord who doesn't watch La Liga" accusation, just consider a La Liga watcher who, until this season, never got to watch Luka Modric. It's always a pity when the best players don't play on the biggest stage.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

El Hefe posted:

Except Santi Cazorla played in the Champions League and Europa League with Villarreal.

Even the most clueless La Liga watcher knew who was Luka Modric before his arrival at RM.
Except he left Villareal before their Champion's League season started

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Going by the look of RVP's childhood bedroom I think Carl will soon be leaving the Arsenal

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

His criteria for "wide play" includes the number of times the full-backs touch the ball in the final third. That doesn't really mean anything and I'm not sure if it tallies with the conventional idea of "wide" play, which should encompass only the other criterion included: crosses as a percentage of passes.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This is magnificent. Makes up for all the goaaaaaaaal crap and then some.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Why was he just crawling around at the end of it that was an odd celebration

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

What's going on there? He stole the ref's water bottle? Also the cameraman has serious foot fetish

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Saw from the comments that Jose Mourinho's first name is pronounced with a J not H. That's almost 10 years of mispronouncing his name...

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's the hair bro, Enrique can't roll the hairless look. Put Carles Puyol's hair on him and he looks like a sweeping romantic.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

And he gets to kick rear end with his best pals. You have best friends too but what kind of poo poo do you do together? Be the best football team in history and win trophies?

What an rear end in a top hat.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

TyChan posted:

Liverpool's squad is still on "pick on Enrique" mode.

What.. is that in his mouth?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Those look like characters out of Archer. Terrifying characters.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This is his Ezikiel 25:17 moment except he's going to get the motherfucker to read it himself

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

If those are used notes that's pretty sick though. Could get an infection.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That tackle is so painful it hurts my loving balls.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Conversely it's kinda funny how Mertesacker is a gentle giant. An absolute man mountain but won't get into a bitchfight with nobody.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Gunnersaurus is the best

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Fabregas has a long history of bad haircuts

http://www.kickette.com/an-open-letter-to-cesc-fabregas-f5-intervention

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is Serie A's attendance so bad? I've seen more fans pay money to turn up at my utterly gobshite local league.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Everybody looks poo poo with that dumb helmet

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That looks like Kevin Spacey's face in American Beauty when he's fantasising about that school girl

it's a bad face

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Humphrey Vasel posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdl7XrZDvb4

Not sure if this has been posted, apologies if so.
This is incredibly :cry: Good on City for doing it.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Man he really wanted that

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I expected to be very bitter about that video but it just made me laugh

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

TyChan posted:

Domenech memoir
That sounds like an awesome memoir that'll actually be worth the money. The drama of the French squad was always a big interesting mystery considering how many good players they had. Also it appears everybody in that squad is a big sulk.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Ninpo posted:

Footballers in cartoon form.

I love that Ribery looks like a Spitting Image doll of Neil Kinnock.
Centre, bottom row. Who's that?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Adulterous Hitler posted:

None of those snowballs did hit the camera.
sums up arsenal imo

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That was so loving awkward

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Babby Thatcher posted:

he knows what it's like to be involved with genuinely terrible shooting
:twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It misses the best part where RVP stands up and falls down clutching Ashley Williams's shorts though

• Locked thread