Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

The entire nation of Portugal was outraged and shocked when Miguel Lopes showed up for the NT with this awful shirt, offending and corrupting our poor children who take footballers like him as examples of extremely cultured people.

:shepicide:

KoldPT fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Oct 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Vegetable posted:

That shirt is actually referencing a quote from critically acclaimed 1986 film Blue Velvet, although apparently several others have used it since then. Can't look at that face and think he went with the antiquated film reference rather than "Hmm, this is vulgar, I'll take it" though.

He claims someone gave it to him, and that it is indeed a reference to the movie, yeah.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

This reminds me of Judo at the Olympics :swoon:

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp19OD2kV2E

This is a pretty legit goal, I should move to cyprus and become a pro football player like the entire portuguese community there.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Fernando Couto, Abel Xavier, Nuno Capucho and Luís Figo #yoloswag

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Dunban posted:

This can't be real.

Can it? :ohdear:

It's almost certainly real. The only pretty boy missing from that generation is Baía, and he tends to be on the classy side.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Mangala is ok at the sport of football.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

skram posted:

Not Portuguese, but I believe it says

"Jesus, stop loving around and return us to European and national glory"

Yes, that's it. FYI: Jesus is the name of Benfica's manager, not the other Jesus. This inevitably makes for oh so hilarious puns in newspapers, of course.

Boavista is one of the five portuguese teams to have ever been champions of the league, three of which you probably already know of (Porto, Benfica and Sporting), one of which which was champion ages ago (Belenenses in the 60s), and Boavista.

Boavista's presidents were the Loureiro family, Valentim and his son João. Major Valentim Loureiro was also the president of the city of Gondomar. You can see where this is going, right? Oh, yeah, TOTALLY coincidentally, the year Boavista won the title, the Major was the president of the Portuguese League, and two other notable figures in our football (president of the referees, iirc?) were also Boavista fans.

João Loureiro and the most notable Boavista fan, Manuel do Laço.

They were involved in the Apito Dourado ("Golden Whistle") process which also involved FCP's president Pinto da Costa, and were charged with corruption. Porto took a six point docking, which didn't stop us from winning the league with a 13 point league, but poor Boavista got hosed HARD. They were sent to the second division and fell into a downward spiral, only surviving because of, essentially, charity. Players playing for free, or almost free, former players contributing, free food because the bar lady was a big fan, etc.

Manuel do Laço when Boavista got kicked to the second division.

Well, yesterday their luck appears to have turned around, as they will be getting promoted to the first division again administratively. They'll probably get paid a huge sum, too.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Marc Janko, Austrian player playing in Turkey, posted this on his facebook:

quote:

I'm on my way to Austria...I hope my outfit won't cause any problems at the airport's security control ;-)

See you soon my Turkish friends...

He might be a pretty bad player, but he's a cool dude.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress fascists.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

This is what defeat looks like.
Porto scored a goal on minute 90+1, probably taking away the championship from Benfica.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

pointsofdata posted:

Sounds like an exiting, competitive league.

It's two leagues in one, you get to watch "will Benfica not drop the title this year?" and the hilarious scramble for 3rd-6th place between everyone else.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=325082797621086 - President Pinto da Costa, the most successful president in Yurop, shown celebrating. I can't wait until we rename the stadium after him.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBgYU6k_GUo

I wish I'd been there!

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

beedeebee posted:

Luis Boa Morte is a cool name. Clubs should be encouraged to buy players with cool names.

Boa Morte means "Good Death". It's a viking as gently caress name.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

So I hear Brek Shea is an idiot.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

I will be sure to post a picture of me holding guns dressed in a portuguese flag on twitter whenever I become famous.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Meireles :allears:

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

CisSTAR 19 posted:

She misses the Estado Novo.

Just like all the other Sporting fans. :godwin:

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
This is what blue balling looks like, hashtag misandry

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
gently caress your fancy "goals" here's some 80s

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Pro stuff in here. They're all naked behind the flag.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Xabi posted:

You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger group of cunts.

So proud of Josué, what a future that lad has.

edit:

KoldPT fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 20, 2013

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

not a shop

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Michael Jackson in an OGC Nice jersey, 1983

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

JJ is a national treasure.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Title: "Faith in Islam"

dude's name is Islam Slimani. :allears:

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Portuguese Golden Generation with club shirts the season after they won their U20 thing.

Most notable are Figo fourth from the right on the top side and Rui Costa with the ugly yellow on the bottom.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Is that black guy in the middle Abel Xavier?

Yeah, he's the tiny black dude. Not as noticeable without a huge blond mohawk.

Fat Ronaldo, Bobby Robson and his anger translator Luther

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
The Swiss national team without immigration:

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

oh em gee bee ess posted:

Don't police what gender my masturbation smilie is, thanks.

We have a smilie for that mate :cumpolice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTzA5Kl3qi0

Hulk is so skilled.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

I thought the transfer market was closed.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvUFkwTfpAo

Save me.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Our sports news is the best.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Is a tortoise loving a shoe more or less entertaining than watching Crystal Palace, The Ray Parlour?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
all 23 of the portuguese players in are national team are very good at the sports of football and not dressing like idiots ok?

jeez this loving subforum

• Locked thread