Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Genuinely thankful for Tesla otherwise I wouldn't have posted so much amusing poo poo in this thread :allears:

https://twitter.com/LamarMK/status/1774207552911249895?t=B_IT7tweTyl3GHHiwq_mLA&s=19

https://twitter.com/LamarMK/status/1774208056861118866?t=4abDBFY2TG7RYh8W8vFb_w&s=19

It did apparently 'fix' itself when he got out but lol at there being a danger to manifold style screen of death. And I'd be incredibly wary of the car after this, service centre visit or not.

https://twitter.com/LamarMK/status/1774208633351319944?t=_VqReJir1CYO4cYk2eVKMw&s=19

https://i.imgur.com/jluS8i8.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

TuxedoOrca posted:

You couldn't pay me enough to get in a Tesla.

Hot take - the Model Y isnt a pile of poo poo esp when not built at Fremont. Its..... just a boring appliance thats a decent enough EV? The biggest problem with it is the badge and the racist transphobic prick that is the CEO of the company that builds them.

Not a hot take - But by god the Cybershit thats an entirely different story. I've seen exactly zero to suggest there's anything redeeming about it and a lot that's truly hosed up. I can not think of a single half decent thing about it, even it's acceleration is a bad thing because it just doesnt have the brakes to reign it in. I do not think that POS should have been allowed on the roads at all. It deserves every bit of utter derision it is getting

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

the hummer ev seems to be actually doing what The Homer purports to

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I drove by a Wawa yesterday and there were TWO cybertrucks parked hooked up to the row of charging stations (along with about 6 other regular Teslas).

The hell is wrong with people, are they really this rich and bored

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Steer by wire, baby. When the computer is beeping, you can't steer the car anymore!

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Genuinely thankful for Tesla otherwise I wouldn't have posted so much amusing poo poo in this thread :allears:

https://twitter.com/LamarMK/status/1774207552911249895?t=B_IT7tweTyl3GHHiwq_mLA&s=19

The message at the 8 second mark, "Power reduced. Exiting and re-entering may restore...". It's so stupid that is actually the recommended fix.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Again: these are vehicles built by a tech company, not a car manufacturer

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

I'll see that and raise you...

https://twitter.com/Ferd_Turgeson/status/1774139176818229658

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Saukkis posted:

The message at the 8 second mark, "Power reduced. Exiting and re-entering may restore...". It's so stupid that is actually the recommended fix.

Big “did you turn it off and back on” energy

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

PainterofCrap posted:

Again: these are vehicles built by a tech company, not a car manufacturer

TrUsT tHe SoFtWaRe

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

lmao ragdoll rear end physics

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
CYBER TRUKKKKKKKKK!!
NOW POWERED BY WINDOWS MILLENIUM EDITION!!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'm impressed with the high centre of gravity on that thing allowing it to spin around its longitudinal axis with no bother at all. Could apply magnets to it and get free energy.

Perfect 50/50 weight distribution but in entirely the wrong way.

*edit: hey Ford, I have a solution to your cargo load height problem, it's really simple...

https://twitter.com/motorauthority/status/1774826174687875156?t=BG_Z0b27Wf-5iuzZqFu-eQ&s=19

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 1, 2024

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

it doesn't seem like he's going all that fast for as much as it rolled, lifted trucks and SUVs can really screw up your day if you get even a little sideways gently caress that. Dude is lucky he got shot out like he did.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

"inherent cargo advantage", lmao. SUVs are terrible car stuff by definition.

A Volvo V70 from 2010 has roughly 10% more usable cargo space than an 2024 Volvo XC90, a godawful blob of a car that's 6" wider, 6" longer and 9" taller.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Applebees Appetizer posted:

it doesn't seem like he's going all that fast for as much as it rolled, lifted trucks and SUVs can really screw up your day if you get even a little sideways gently caress that. Dude is lucky he got shot out like he did.

And that he landed in the water. Imagine coming down on top of the car

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

it doesn't seem like he's going all that fast for as much as it rolled, lifted trucks and SUVs can really screw up your day if you get even a little sideways gently caress that. Dude is lucky he got shot out like he did into water.

ftfy

my man ain't hobbling off like he did if he had gotten Gary's Mod'd onto asphalt

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Collateral Damage posted:

A Volvo V70 from 2010 has roughly 10% more usable cargo space than an 2024 Volvo XC90, a godawful blob of a car that's 6" wider, 6" longer and 9" taller.

The V70 has waaaaaaaay more usable space. SUV's have so much unusable height in their cargo area that makes them look good on paper, but means that a mid-size can carry less stuff than a Honda Fit

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

The V70 has waaaaaaaay more usable space. SUV's have so much unusable height in their cargo area that makes them look good on paper, but means that a mid-size can carry less stuff than a Honda Fit
Yeah I was going by official numbers to make a "fair" comparison, in practice the difference is even more in the V70s favor.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Reminded me of watching "Ferrari"

In both the notable wrecks the driver just gets launched into the air instantly.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

https://x.com/teslaownerssv/status/1774127881586970754

:lol: my father has driven his prize 60s Mercedes over harsher roads than this just to get it to the mechanic.

:mediocre:

I've driven worse than that in my RX-7. Driven *miles* of dirt roads worse than that (though dry) in my wife's Outback to get to a cabin on her boss' property way out in west Texas.

Trying to do that Saudi Arabian thing where the do serpentine skids on the dusty highway, but failing on a beach?

Olympic Mathlete posted:

*edit: hey Ford, I have a solution to your cargo load height problem, it's really simple...

https://twitter.com/motorauthority/status/1774826174687875156?t=BG_Z0b27Wf-5iuzZqFu-eQ&s=19

Hey, Ford - have you tried not making the vehicles 8' tall. Hmmm, if only there were vehicles with large cargo areas that were a normal vehicle height. Nah, there was never anything like that ever in the past.

The Door Frame posted:

The hell you say? I have been assured that SUVs are the only way to carry groceries and a single 2x4.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

TuxedoOrca posted:

My Model 3 was fine. It never broke, never killed anybody, and had good build quality. I sold it last year and even got a decent return. That said, it was the most boring goddamn thing I have ever driven, and I could never be sure if it was one accident or bad software upgrade from turning into a roaring fireball where you can't open the doors.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You'd think some company could capitalize on all this anti-SUV antipathy and market small station wagons and MPVs to a grateful public.

What? Nobody would buy them but us old cranks? okay then :smith:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
the old cranks can afford them though.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Outback is basically a lifted wagon and those are pretty popular.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Outback is basically a lifted wagon and those are pretty popular.

Yep. Subaru and Volvo are the last holdouts.

Also minivans are super practical but those aren't sexy.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

TuxedoOrca posted:

Giving Elon Musk money is Terrible Car Stuff.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Collateral Damage posted:

It continually does my brain in my Levorg has more usable space than most far bigger SUV's, espeically in the trunk area. Sloping liftbacks especially like a bunch of SUV's now have that slaughter usable space as well as the rear being short. What the hell is the loving point of a SUV if you do both of those? You got a giant POS that cant carry poo poo from IKEA or barely take a few shopping bags. CUV's are even worse in both those regards - lifted hatchbacks but considerably worse.

As already said, Subaru still is holding to actual wagons / hatchbacks but lifted and it really shows inside esp with the Outback. Pity about the rancid CVT's they blight them with

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Data Graham posted:

And that he landed in the water. Imagine coming down on top of the car

Buddy of mine died in a rollover. Wouldn't wear a seatbelt; rolled it on a mountain road near Somerset, PA and he was partially ejected, car rolled over him.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Full Collapse posted:

TrUsT tHe SoFtWaRe

Buddy, I went to a real-rear end engineering school that spent an entire semester teaching us not to trust the goddamned software.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

SlapActionJackson posted:

Buddy, I went to a real-rear end engineering school that spent an entire semester teaching us not to trust the goddamned software.

The ying-yang is complete...this is how engineers write software is born.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

SlapActionJackson posted:

Same. It’s always the salespeople’s fault.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
nice to see the NOFEAR banners have been upgraded

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

fearlessi is italian for nofear

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Tearless! Extremely not upset about the paint situation

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://www.jegs.com/i/MSD/121/8956/10002/-1

I have to imagine there is a practical use for this but I have no idea what it could be

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

"Window" is not a literal term...

basically think of it as a range/window of RPMs to activate/deactivate.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Explainer on another 'window switch'

quote:

Need to turn the nitrous on at a specific RPM and then shut it off again at a higher RPM level? The Nitrous Express Digital RPM Window Switch is designed to keep the nitrous from activating at low RPMs to maintain traction and will shut the nitrous off before hitting the rev limiter or over revving the engine. The simple two button programming allows you to quickly and easily increase or decrease high and low RPM settings in 100 RPM increments up to 9900. This is especially useful on an unprepared surface when the stakes are high!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Or for an even more simple function, it could just be hooked up to a bulb to let ya know when to shift.

*the perfect shift*

Cage fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Apr 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Have you ever been to a house where a light switch on the wall turns on an outlet? This is the same thing for a car, except automated