Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

CarForumPoster posted:

Ford stopped making all sedanesque passenger cars.

At first they just stopped selling them in the US as a response to Trump removing Obama's rule--they were literally selling the fiesta here to counter balance the trucks and SUVs. They stopped making them a bit later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

carolina squat gets some cool factor just for the complaints about usefulness and safety imo

but god drat thatd be a pain in the rear end to drive without airbags or hydraulics or something

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Cactus Ghost posted:

carolina squat gets some cool factor just for the complaints about usefulness and safety imo

I appreciate your trying to be inclusive due to the "rebel spirit" but you do not, in fact, gotta hand it to em. They can't see what is in front of them due to *everything* which means that the normal likelyhood of a lifted truck rear ending or running over a human goes way up. The thing they are emulating is actually cool and has actual suspension. These people run a rigid setup most times. I see em rolling around town with a bunch of losers piled up at the lowest point in the back, trusting the latches with their life, all the time.

It's literally, morally, wrong to do this to your death mobile.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

Here’s something terrible I just saw on FB:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I shall get to the tag requests this evening, thanks for joining in the fun :) (Still open tho till 11:59pm in Hawaii)

Regular rules now apply

Dr Rocksalt
Oct 21, 2004

Am I too late? :(

Edit: can’t read
Edit2: penance of a Challenger that looks like a coffee flavored Monster can.

Dr Rocksalt fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Apr 22, 2024

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Very sorry your family got slaughtered at this junction but they weren't carrying the little red flags.

https://twitter.com/MilwaukeeAvBike/status/1782435698538082394?t=QYTszR4zwViHHEQN0Avs_A&s=19

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Very sorry your family got slaughtered at this junction but they weren't carrying the little red flags.

https://twitter.com/MilwaukeeAvBike/status/1782435698538082394?t=QYTszR4zwViHHEQN0Avs_A&s=19

I like how the intersection of roads named after generals from both sides of the civil war have safety flags that look like they came from Confederate OSHA.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Dr Rocksalt posted:

It's rare to see a challenger right that hasn't been hosed in some way or the other. But this might be the first one I've ever seen without pitch black tinted windows.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Donut bought a brand new LSX and have taken it apart to show people. And in doing so found some pretty worn crank bearings and one of the pistons didn't have a wrist pin lock... :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkNNLiob2ho

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I prefer the Vancouver version of this:

https://youtu.be/ZJ0HBd_u-Fs?si=uUeskZolYBIpNGmd

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Donut bought a brand new LSX and have taken it apart to show people. And in doing so found some pretty worn crank bearings and one of the pistons didn't have a wrist pin lock... :lol:

lol, that's not great.

The unfortunate thing with stuff like that is that if some poor SOB bought that motor and installed it and threw a bearing or wrist pin, it's an uphill battle proving it was defective from brand new, not the least of which all your time and labor.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Olympic Mathlete posted:

jesus, that came from GM?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Holy poo poo, I guess it's a cautionary tale to tear down every "new" crate motor you get lol

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Jesus they owe him a refund at minimum.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 22, 2024

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

Jesus they owe him a refund at minimum.

They're getting a whole new long block, and they get to keep this one

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

and they're paying for the necessary repairs for this one

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Dr Rocksalt posted:

Screw it I'll allow it. Gimme your AI tag u want

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I would be more impressed if instead of just trying to wallpaper over this problem by fixing it and giving them a new one, GM would explain exactly how they got scored bearing surfaces in an engine that has never been run, and how that got through QC, and what they're doing to prevent it in the future.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Yeah 100%. There's no way to meaningfully say they won't let that happen again if they don't know how it happened in the first place.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

at least you know they'll make it right. you just have to tear down the whole engine first

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'm assuming they are put together by hand, so probably just human error. Forgot the C clip and somehow got something on the bearings that scored them maybe a small piece of metal that was on the builder's hands or something.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I wonder how many performance shops installed crate engines into customers cars and then had to eat the loss after what could be less than a thousand miles. Because at that point the burden of proof would be on the user

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Bajaha posted:

This one's from my personal collection of terrible car stuff. Change your filters when you buy a new-to-you car.

https://i.imgur.com/puEBSjI.mp4

Dealers choice for tags.

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7285514724530212139

(needs sound)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Terrible rotary exhaust stuff:

I’ll take any gang tag but RADL seems fitting.

And also this smart guy I caught on the road recently:

Quoting where I'm up to for title change requests

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Jonny Nox posted:

I prefer the Vancouver version of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ0HBd_u-Fs

quoting this with the video link because superb.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Olympic Mathlete posted:

quoting this with the video link because superb.
Love it. If you did that in Toronto you'd still get run over.

Dr Rocksalt
Oct 21, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Screw it I'll allow it. Gimme your AI tag u want

Cat or black thumb, and thank you.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Don't get your digits too close to the Cybertruck frunk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOaGBdnlGIw

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Why does every loving door and hatch and panel have to be powered now. Why can't they just put in some gas struts like in the old days

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Perfecto indeed.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Don't get your digits too close to the Cybertruck frunk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOaGBdnlGIw

Seems like BMWs are a little bloodthirsty, too.

Sagebrush posted:

Why does every loving door and hatch and panel have to be powered now. Why can't they just put in some gas struts like in the old days

People are lazy, and the doors keep getting bigger along with the car.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Powered hatches are amazing if you play recreational hockey.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Sagebrush posted:

Because it's 2024 and we invented powered door technology, grandad. Also it's awesome.

More expensive and more stuff to break? Yes, that too. But awesome, it's a door that opens and closes at the press of a button!

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Because it's 2024 and we invented powered door technology, grandad. Also it's awesome.

More expensive and more stuff to break? Yes, that too. But awesome, it's a door that opens and closes at the press of a button!

Fundamentally, people will pay money for it. Manufacturers sell more cars at higher profit.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Some people simply cannot reach a fully open hatch, people like my mother. And if that's solvable with a push of a button, then she could actually buy the car she likes.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I really enjoy powered sliding doors on minivans. Maybe other brands are different, but Chrysler/Dodge/VW lets you pop the door handle, press a button on the ceiling, one in the back, or use the key fob to intiate power opening/closing. It's a little thing, but those vans were meant to be used, and I've used them for work. Just walk by the thing, yank the handle, and the van does the rest. Need to get out of traffic or let someone enter the parking space next to you? Get in the front and press a button, get in the back and press a button, walk away and press a button. Whatever works for you.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Deteriorata posted:

Fundamentally, people will pay money for it. Manufacturers sell more cars at higher profit.

thats the root cause of most things that blow rear end about cars of any given era

it does kinda suck that you can't easily option something simple and doodadless. but people who want something simple and doodadless can, at least for now, buy basically any used car from 10+ years ago. as that dries up some maybe that'll change

e: i think this is at least partially the cause of the bizzare swings in the used car market in the last five years

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Cactus Ghost posted:

it does kinda suck that you can't easily option something simple and doodadless.
Part of the problem here is it's not worth setting up the additional manufacturing branch for your doodadless version when there's probably not that many people in the world who might buy it.

This is also why you have stuff like software activated features. The manufacturer wants to have different feature levels so they can appeal to a broader segment of buyers, but it's much cheaper to build all the cars to the same spec and disable things in software for the cheaper version. The difference in component cost between a model with parking sensors, adaptive cruise and heated steering wheel and the same model without them is insignificant, but there's significant extra costs in having to maintain multiple different production lines and inventories.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Hello. Id like to share with you ultimate Altimate Altima energy. This transcends big

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 24, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I thought that Rivian had a ladder or something hanging off the roof rack.