Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

wesleywillis posted:

I think it's a conspiracy.

Big oil planted a poo poo ton of anti-ev goons in Tesla factories to do lovely jobs of assembling the cars so that elon looks bad.

But isn't Cybertruck FAR more of Musk's personal passion baby than any of their other vehicles / projects? My general sense is that if something makes sense, Musk wasn't involved; if it's a Spaceballs reference, he almost certainly was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

hey remember the guy who nearly got his finger taken off by the frunk?

well people said he was doing it wrong so he did it again with predictable results

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTrK_7vUGiY

he should stick his dick in there next to prevent passing on his genes

I mean after it crushed the stick I'd definitely not put my finger back in but thank you strange man for being dumb as poo poo :allears:

Similarly, dudes who are incredibly precious about owning a 'truck' and telling people that they use it for truck stuff. Truck stuff you could quite easily load into a Miata.

https://twitter.com/LamarMK/status/1787864149952696779?t=v70WtZcLGGnHbMrHARxGDg&s=19

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
lol same guy:

https://twitter.com/LamarMK/status/1784036693294583869

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

lol same guy:

It's because he did too much truck stuff and broke it :(

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Similarly, dudes who are incredibly precious about owning a 'truck' and telling people that they use it for truck stuff. Truck stuff you could quite easily load into a Miata.
Dumb rear end in a top hat, I regularly haul more in the caterham

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

lol same guy:
:newlol:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

https://twitter.com/LamarMK/status/1787864149952696779?t=v70WtZcLGGnHbMrHARxGDg&s=19

poo poo, I had to use like 15% of my BMW 3-Series trunk to bring home three bags of dirt just yesterday! :cry:

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Is this...

......parody?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

After watching the second video I'm convinced the guy has brain damage. I genuinely walk a mile home with about that much weight and/or volume in my bag and in my hands when I go to the grocery store in the middle of the week

That's not truck stuff, that's Vespa stuff at best

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The Door Frame posted:

After watching the second video I'm convinced the guy has brain damage. I genuinely walk a mile home with about that much weight and/or volume in my bag and in my hands when I go to the grocery store in the middle of the week

The common joke is that some suburban person buys a truck for Haulin' and Truck Stuff

and the most it ever sees is two bags of dirt

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

The Door Frame posted:

Let's be real here, you aren't walking a mile with 200 pounds of stuff on your person.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

sleepy gary posted:

Let's be real here, you aren't walking a mile with 200 pounds of stuff on your person.

How heavy do you think a gallon of paint is?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

The Door Frame posted:

How heavy do you think a gallon of paint is?

About 10 pounds at most?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Rigged Death Trap posted:

The common joke is that some suburban person buys a truck for Haulin' and Truck Stuff

and the most it ever sees is two bags of dirt

and that's just in the cab!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Saukkis posted:

On the latest Cybertruck video from TFLEV, on of the presenters mentioned he cut his leg on the corner of the tailgate while loading it.
As we say in yospos, "love the scar, though"

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
The truck stuff in the second video could be carried with a bicycle.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Oh boy, hope it don't rain

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

I had a moonroof decide to depart my vehicle while driving down the highway, hoooolyshiiit that was a sound.

I had this happen when I was young & dumb (1985) & trying to reinstall it while I was driving in shore traffic back home to DC after a weekend on Long Beach Island NJ. Sun was going down & it was getting chilly.

It was an aftermarket unit I had installed, that had this very finicky way of locking in the front that I learned (the hard way) should not be attempted while inside the car. Thought I got it OK but when the traffic jam broke & I hit 35MPH it went FWOOP and I watched it flipping end-over-end in a graceful arc until the Olds station wagon behind me hit it & then it was just a galaxy of tiny light points.

Why yes, it started raining on my way back to DC

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Similarly, dudes who are incredibly precious about owning a 'truck' and telling people that they use it for truck stuff. Truck stuff you could quite easily load into a Miata....

I don't think I'm $20K in on this one, including the purchase price in July '21 and the cost of the equipment I bought to resurrect it (including a MIG welder)

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 8, 2024

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

sleepy gary posted:

Most cheeto eating, mountain dew drinking goons are at least 300. So yeah. Walking a mile is probably a stretch though.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

PainterofCrap posted:

I don't think I'm $20K in on this one, including the purchase price in July '21 and the cost of the equipment I bought to resurrect it (including a MIG welder)
At first glance I thought you had installed a woodgas generator. :v:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU23UIv3VXU

Big Altima Camry Energy

These are the fuckers we share the road with.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

orange juche posted:

Big Altima Camry Energy

Why? Why the gently caress would anyone do this? I honestly want to know why anyone would be so curious about this to consider doing this... and then actually do this.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I was all ready to be mad about a car from the age of computer controlled everything letting you select reverse while at 50 MPH. Came away pleasantly surprised.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Was pretty disappointed I didn't get to hear the transmission exploding tho

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I was more shocked at even attempting it, what thought process leads to "I'm about to do it live" and testing whether you can toss a car into reverse from drive at 60mph on a highway with other people?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It was a very nerving feeling

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

orange juche posted:

Big Altima Camry Energy

very nerving experience

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Data Graham posted:

It was a very nerving feeling
im so nerved up rn

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

DarkSol posted:

Why? Why the gently caress would anyone do this? I honestly want to know why anyone would be so curious about this to consider doing this... and then actually do this.

orange juche posted:

I was more shocked at even attempting it, what thought process leads to "I'm about to do it live" and testing whether you can toss a car into reverse from drive at 60mph on a highway with other people?

Back in the day I worked with a guy that tbh I don't remember much about at all, not even his name, but I do remember he had the dumbest loving takes about cars. Now this was a solid 25 years ago, so he thought the pinnacle of vehicles was a fox body 5.0 Mustang, of which he was of the opinion, and I quote, "had handling second to none" which in reality was more like second to last.

But I digress, as one day he posed the question that if you were driving an automatic and your brakes stopped working when you hit the brake pedal what should you do? I, and everyone else, said use the handbrake. Well apparently we were all wrong, as according to this guy the correct course of action was to slam the transmission into reverse.

Just-In-Timeberlake fucked around with this message at 04:29 on May 8, 2024

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Have successfully put four of those miracle grow bags plus one of manure in the rear hatch of my Chevy Spark without even folding the seats down. I'm a shoo-in for Truck of the Year, baby.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

This. Also how did she destroy the glass on the radio.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It's a fluid coupling on an auto, would it even explode? Gonna go out on a limb and guess that the lockup clutch wouldn't be able to hold suddenly going into reverse and it would slip like crazy but do nothing but overheat that clutch, since they're basically only meant to lock up once the driveline is no longer catching up to engine speed in order to remove the power losses to the torque converter.

It definitely wouldn't be happy though even if it did manage to make it into reverse somehow.

E: Someone else tried it in a old as gently caress Chevy Prism and it stalled the engine.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 8, 2024

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

orange juche posted:

Big Altima Camry Energy

Better test it at loving highway speeds instead of, say, 10mph in an empty parking lot.

How the gently caress do you crack your radio screen??

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Step 1: Move the camera off that area
Step 2: Your smoothbrain friend hits it with something
Step 3: Move the camera back and then call Geico. Act very calm when you're just *now* noticing your screen broke while not backing up as you were attempting to total the car (so weird) they will def say "Wow, it must be so" thanks to your calm demeanor and give you a new car. Repeat this enough and you will be a youtube superstar/billionaire.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Better test it at loving highway speeds instead of, say, 10mph in an empty parking lot.

How the gently caress do you crack your radio screen??

By not being a psychopath according to the vid creator

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Also taking video at 65+ mph is pretty good altima camry energy.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
It was apparently a thing to do with your Camaro/Trans Am in the 80s in southern MA, based on the number of double J shaped skids out on route 95 lol

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

But I digress, as one day he posed the question that if you were driving an automatic and your brakes stopped working when you hit the brake pedal what should you do? I, and everyone else, said use the handbrake. Well apparently we were all wrong, as according to this guy the correct course of action was to slam the transmission into reverse.

I experienced total brake fade in my '65 Plymouth Fury going down a mountain in 1987, on a long straightaway that ended with a 180-degree hairpin turn, the outer side of which was a rock wall.

I dropped it into 2nd at about 50-MPH+ To her credit, the Torqueflite held up & slowed the car enough that I'm still here. It required a rebuild within a year, though. I also replaced the brakes with larger units from a station wagon.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Back in the day I worked with a guy that tbh I don't remember much about at all, not even his name, but I do remember he had the dumbest loving takes about cars. Now this was a solid 25 years ago, so he thought the pinnacle of vehicles was a fox body 5.0 Mustang, of which he was of the opinion, and I quote, "had handling second to none" which in reality was more like second to last.

To be fair, back in the day it probably was one of the best handling cars around lol. My dad had a 5.7 IROC in '88 and that thing handled like it was on rails compared to almost everything else available :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Must be great holding no position on anything for more than 5 minutes, honestly.

https://twitter.com/leebbees/status/1788057858732355805?t=fUPn_n9Nb-ofuR6HN3Sg6Q&s=19

mustard_tiger
Nov 8, 2010
I had a friend in high school slam his camry into park at speed and boy did that make a noise. Car still drove after but I'm pretty sure the parking pawl snapped off. We were dumb high high school students and not an adult though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

mustard_tiger posted:

I had a friend in high school slam his camry into park at speed and boy did that make a noise. Car still drove after but I'm pretty sure the parking pawl snapped off. We were dumb high high school students and not an adult though.

I had a friend back in HS who's gf at the time did the same thing to his car while he was driving. it definitely snapped the pawl cause you could move it around in park afterwards. chrysler laser turbo, which we all thought was cool as hell at the time