Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Code Jockey posted:

Never really been a muscle car dude but this is a concept I could get behind.

Hell anything that pisses off people who want to use the Confederate flag is okay with me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

parrhesia posted:

Does this happen elsewhere? I've never heard about it happening in Germany, although most cars here aren't automatic, so the chances of it happening are stasticially smaller. Right now, I can only remember cases from the US but I'm not sure whether that's faulty memory, selection bias through media consumption or an indicator of just how terrible American drivers actually are.

quote:

Another interesting question is why fatalities stemming from these incidents appear limited to North America, even though Toyotas are sold worldwide. Der Spiegel notes there have been cases of unintended acceleration in Germany, but the drivers simply applied the brakes and brought their cars safely to a stop.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/03/unintended-acceleration/

Sounds about right

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Do note that in that CNN video the brake lights were not on.

Vanity plate, check.
Aftermarket muffler, check.

Unpainted body repair, check.

And didn't bother to replace the indicator. Who the hell needs those anyway.

Bow TIE Fighter
Sep 16, 2007

Our cummerbunds can't repel firepower of that magnitude!

Boomerjinks posted:

Now I know that the "General Grant" is actually a thing.

Someday when I'm rich and have time, I want to buy some old Cadillac land barge, paint it battleship grey, and call it Admiral Nimitz or something similar. The roof would have runways laid out like an aircraft carrier (possibly with a control tower and planes painted on) and with some extra runways to imitate the confederate flag. I would make sure the suspension sucks more than normal, so it just floats down the street and rocks whenever it stops, turns, or someone sits down. I wounder if I could get a deck gun mounted on the hood...

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Rhyno posted:

Hell anything that pisses off people who want to use the Confederate flag is okay with me!

I find pointing out the fact that they are waving the flag of the losing side does this quite well.

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.

I'm inclined to think this is awesome, but I figured this is the safest place to post it. I hope some stupid BMW suv driver pays through the nose to get this plate one day.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Now I have a burning desire to take like a GAZ-21 or something and turn it into the Comrade Lenin :ussr:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Mighty Horse posted:

Saw this yesterday..

You obviously have some sort of brake light voltage already at the back of the car, since you wired in the trailer lights.....why not just fix the lights that are there already? :psyduck:

If they did that they'd have a choice between working brake lights or working turn signals, thanks to sharing the same bulb.

Replacing the turn signal switch isn't as easy as slapping some trailer lights on and saying WELP THAT'LL DO

Aurune posted:

Vanity plate, check.
Unpainted body repair, check.

Every Elantra I see is always in similar shape. :iiam:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

The End posted:

I'm inclined to think this is awesome, but I figured this is the safest place to post it. I hope some stupid BMW suv driver pays through the nose to get this plate one day.

I will never understand using a custom plate to say what your car already says less than a foot to the side of that same plate.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

rscott posted:

Now I have a burning desire to take like a GAZ-21 or something and turn it into the Comrade Lenin :ussr:

:haw:

I'd be all for seeing a fleet of parody General Lees. My mind immediately went to the darkest place: a Toyota Hilux as the Charles Taylor.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Pulled into the parking lot at work today, and was greeted by this sexy beast.

Close up of the awesome wheels.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Boomerjinks posted:

edit:
Now I know that the "General Grant" is actually a thing.

"General Sherman" is just a General Grant with whiskey-fueled flamethrowers

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

Boomerjinks posted:

:haw:

I'd be all for seeing a fleet of parody General Lees. My mind immediately went to the darkest place: a Toyota Hilux as the Charles Taylor.

I think I need to find a 64 Impala, paint it like a battleship and call it the Commodore 64.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

I present to you, the Hyundai Chrome.

Complete with Hyundai center caps, front and rear badges and a license plate frame that says "Hyundai of Bel Air" which doesn't exist, and yes he means *THAT* Bel Air. Smell ya later!

:golfclap:

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
I want to find a '78-81 Challenger, do a japan flag and call it the "General Tso"

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Slap a Zero paintjob on a lancer evo and dub it the Hirohito?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Eponine posted:

But then why is there a Citroen driving around at all?

GM wants to build a car that people want to buy but with even worst build quality then the French. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

LTBS posted:

I think I need to find a 64 Impala, paint it like a battleship and call it the Commodore 64.

This is the best idea I have ever heard.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

bisticles posted:

It's hard to make out from the picture, but the license plate border thingy is covered entirely with Sunoco stickers.

I don't even know.

I know this is from a few pages back but theres an explanation for this.

Sunoco ran a contest where if you were caught on their CC cameras buying gas at their stations you could win the equivalent of gas for a year or whatever. The only requirement to entry was having a sunoco bumper sticker on your car.

Genius marketing really. They got tons of free advertising.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I can't decide which is more appropriate for the General Sherman, a Fiero or a Pinto.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Godholio posted:

I can't decide which is more appropriate for the General Sherman, a Fiero or a Pinto.

Depends on how much of the South you want to burn down :v:

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 28, 2012

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...9#ht_824wt_1165

I would copy the images over but my web dev skills are lacking and they pulled some kind of a trick that means I can't get a url to rehost. It's a ten foot tall "show truck" with a truly useless rear suspension.

Budget Monty
Jul 25, 2005

Ask me about my torrid love affair with Geico :ese:

Sir Cornelius posted:

So do I. Does anybody have details on this?

It was from an episode of "Family Matters". Steve Urkel raced it against Laura's BF I think.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

kastein posted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...9#ht_824wt_1165

I would copy the images over but my web dev skills are lacking and they pulled some kind of a trick that means I can't get a url to rehost. It's a ten foot tall "show truck" with a truly useless rear suspension.

If you're using Chrome the imgur plugin has a right click option that lets you click/drag a selected area and it auto hosts it. Very slick.

There's probably a Firefox equivalent.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Imagine being in front of that stupid fucker at night. All your mirrors lit up :argh:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

This thing will never see a drop of mud.

Also, I cringe every time I imagine having to pay to fill that thing up with fuel.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

hitze posted:

Imagine being in front of that stupid fucker at night. All your mirrors lit up :argh:

Having him behind you would be like having KC lights on your own car.

Seeing nothing but springs in your rear mirror would be weird, though.

edit: just saw the lower lights, gently caress that guy

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

hitze posted:

You act like that guy actually drives it.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Boomerjinks posted:

Having him behind you would be like having KC lights on your own car.

Seeing nothing but springs in your rear mirror would be weird, though.

edit: just saw the lower lights, gently caress that guy

:ssh: Most states have maximum light height restrictions

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Digital_Jesus posted:

I know this is from a few pages back but theres an explanation for this.

Sunoco ran a contest where if you were caught on their CC cameras buying gas at their stations you could win the equivalent of gas for a year or whatever. The only requirement to entry was having a sunoco bumper sticker on your car.

Genius marketing really. They got tons of free advertising.

A local radio station does something like this. They will "pull over" cars with the station's bumper sticker and award them "free" gas. Problem is the sticker looks like it hasn't been redesigned since the 80s and looks tacky as hell on every vehicle.

Every shitbox running around town has at least one.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Maker Of Shoes posted:

If you're using Chrome the imgur plugin has a right click option that lets you click/drag a selected area and it auto hosts it. Very slick.

There's probably a Firefox equivalent.

Indeed there is, Imgur Uploader.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Mighty Horse posted:

I want to find a '78-81 Challenger, do a japan flag and call it the "General Tso"

A Renault 2CV with the Croix de Lorraine called the de Gaulle. Or with the Vichy France flag, called the Pétain.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Whatever the General Sherman is, I'm positive the General Custer would have to be a Gremlin.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Octopus Magic posted:

You act like that guy actually drives it.

Think again.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
How does he even get in that thing? Is there a fold down staircase in the door like on private jets?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

If I had to hazard a guess, it involves climbing onto the roof of his singlewide.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
e: on second thought that's a little too on the nose

Phy fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 28, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

EightBit posted:

:ssh: Most states have maximum light height restrictions

Which are generally circumvented by lowering the height of the bumper, like so:

I knew a guy when I went through NADC a dozen years ago that did up a mid-80s F250 with wide-rear end 44" mudders, also from Ohio. Nashville cops gave the guy endless amounts of poo poo about it until he installed a dropped bumper that was pretty similar to that Dodge's.

Poing
Jul 25, 2001

Gaze into my eyes...

SaNChEzZ posted:

I present to you, the Hyundai Chrome.

Complete with Hyundai center caps, front and rear badges and a license plate frame that says "Hyundai of Bel Air" which doesn't exist, and yes he means *THAT* Bel Air. Smell ya later!

:golfclap:
If I remember the story correctly, it's a guy who owns a Hyundai dealership (or maybe a few, I forget) and is paying tribute to how he made his money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

sbaldrick posted:

GM wants to build a car that people want to buy but with even worst build quality then the French. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Napoleon's plan for world domination comes to fruition impossibly slowly.