Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Saw this gem the other day. Excuse the focus on the one pic, I was fumbling to get a pic as fast as I could. Every panel was a different color of bondo or cheap spray paint. He also had an awesome black plastic bag taped over his driver side window that was totally opaque. It had some sick enkei ripoff wheels and huge fart can. I almost miss seeing shitboxes like this 24/7 - all I ever see nowadays are huge rear end trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Godholio posted:

Throw ANY factory truck off that jump and see what happens.

Can we attach one dodge via chain to the bumper of a Ford Raptor and watch it drag the Dodge over the jump as fast as it can? I'd probably pitch in a buck or two to watch.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

I think it's just the installation that raises a flag. A lot of the ones I've seen are lovely, hacked in gauges that are barely secured to the pillar. It's akin to putting a 7 inch tach on your stock d16 civic as if you needed that much notice to shift, ever.

If they're on a fast enough or a very well built car I think they get a pass but when they get put on either mostly-stock or hacked together cars they just add to the embarrassment.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

It can probably stand up to a ton of undulation in that way, windshields are just lovely once you introduce a small defect into them like a chip or crack. It'd be awesome if there was a rock chip in there as you could probably watch it propagate when that idiot cranks the bass up.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Not on good old 'merican steel cars. Does anyone else actually prefer R where 6 would be in this diagram? Despite it being "far" away it seems to make 1st to R an easy and quick transition on 5 speeds at least.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Man seeing all the friends of that douchebag sheepishly walk up all innocent like "what happened man? Outta gas? AC go out?"" was incredible. I love when bro-trucks fail at doing exactly what the owner "built" the truck to do.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

That's a lot of labor for what could have been done easier by just pulling the head and hot tanking it or something. Scooping all that poo poo out bit by bit seems like overkill / wasted time.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Have you seen all the Lambo videos from TX2k13?

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

I always want to go up to people with Fox stickers and just quiz them on what Fox actually makes.

I've done it before, the answers made me laugh.

What answers do they usually give? I'd accept "clothing" as a fair answer as that's primarily what they sell with motocross gear and apparel. I mean most people don't actually use Alpinestars, MSR, etc gear but they still go to the mall and buy the stuff to fit that image. Even better if it has a giant green Monster logo on it.

I've never known anyone to have a fox shock on their bike personally. It's way cheaper to just buy a new spring for your weight and call it good on the back end. I'm sure it's more common on the amateur bikes and on up but for most people it's probably overkill.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

They used to be the same thing... I'm just curious what answer you'd be looking for with a question like that.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

A tach is pretty useless in econoboxes really. Who cares?

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

You need a tach to tell you to keep your foot out of it on an old corolla? It's not hard to drive it easy until it heats up. It's not like you're going to be hitting the rev limiter in every gear on an economy car.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

That's quite far off the point I made originally. You don't buy a corolla or geo metro expecting to win races (although some forums users have done just that). You don't really need a tach to tell you to shift early and save some gas which is their point. Someone else made a good point that you can put a speedometer and fuel gauge only in a dash and I'd wager most people would get along just fine with one big "gently caress! SOMETHING IS WRONG!" button / warning light.

I would also argue that it is unfair to classify that behavior as "driving it wrong" as that's exactly how those cars are intended to drive. There's not some hidden spike of power at 6k RPM's that you're secretly tapping by redlining it because it wasn't designed like that. You're just giving it more gas than a normal fuel conscious consumer would.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Wrong thread for sure. I would loving love to roll up to a meeting of a bunch of Karma owners with an LS9 tucked inside and just do burnouts for freedom all around them. Then I'd drive home getting 20+ mpg highway anyway out of a gas engine.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Cruseydr posted:

It looks so much better with the 'stache shaved off.

Holy gently caress, you weren't kidding. It's amazing how lovely the stock Karma front ends look.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

That's a silly point, most rotors will rust when they're just sitting around.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I was highlighting the badly painted calipers mostly. They were red a few years ago, also badly painted.

Oh no I agree with you on that. I just think pointing out rotors rusting is silly. They'll easily get surface rust all over them if it's just sitting in the rain in some lot.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

kastein posted:

Oh god :stonk:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1099844

Friend's XJ got butchered by a retard running an "offroad shop". He's currently trying to figure out what to do about it, current demand is that they return $1000 of his deposit money and all his aftermarket parts, leaving them with the hillbilly-fabbed shell and part of his deposit.

I think that's being too generous, but he kinda just wants to get out of it and move on with his life.

Jesus. I'd vote for shooting it and putting it out of its misery. I don't know poo poo about correct 4x4 setups but even I can see why half of that poo poo would fail instantly like welding that shock straight to the axle...

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Sorry I meant the lower link. I don't know why I wrote axle. Seems like as soon as it articulates up (not that this thing should ever be allowed to) it's going to give somewhere. Especially with that weird rear end inboard spring setup.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

gently caress. That's terrifying considering how massive those things are.... what's the story?

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

I've never put my front plate on my car since my home state never required it. I haven't even put it on the dash and I've never been pulled over or asked about it. Is it illegal for dealers to let you go without putting it on?

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

If the dealer is acting as the TTL agent and gets the plates themselves (and you don't have to go to the DMV) it makes sense to me that they'd need to enforce state law if it applies. I don't think a cop is going to believe "but the dealer didn't put them on!" as your excuse. The chances of all this happening are pretty slim either way; I'm just curious how the process works.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

I can't decide if I'm surprised that the majority of poo poo posted is from TX or not. I'm leaning towards not.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

At first I thought that post implied that the thieves brought it back to the same restaurant and left it on blocks after wrecking it and I seriously had a :psyduck: moment at the stupidity of that situation.

Sucks about the extent of repairs. I wouldn't want that thing back after frame damage and some idiot out hammering off the rev limiter for a couple hours before he oversteered into a jersey barrier or something.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

I'll choose to believe that guy on the right wears the mask because he's actually sickened at the sight of the car.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Drunken Lullabies posted:

Only a couple of years ago one of the admins on here noticed that there was a guy browsing the forums on WebTv. Yeah, THAT WebTv. I think he got permabanned.

Can someone elaborate on this story and why he was permabanned?

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Why yes, it's definitely worth 155,000 pounds.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

I would think at some level ebay would need to verify whether you can actually pay such a large amount of cash but I guess not.

Also, that bidding really escalated quickly from 15,000 to 25k then 50, 75 and utltimately 155. Awesome.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

I wanna hear that door close shut.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Code Jockey posted:

Is... oh my god is that a totally stock Honda Civic? :psyduck:

It's so rare to see them in the wild.

Don't worry you could definitely have one if you don't mind paying 8,000 bucks for a barebones old civic with 210k miles.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

One day I hope to be wealthy enough that my GT2 is the car I decide to leave sitting in a parking garage unattended.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Did you look at the license plate?

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

some texas redneck posted:

They're far from the only exotic rental company in DFW.

e: looks like DFW Elite Auto Rental is the same company as DFW Drive Your Dream.

I wonder how many times that Aventador has been rented.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Caught this yesterday:

I was amazed his rear end wasn't dragging on the ground from all that downforce.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

poo poo. I actually want to see a donk go offroading now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHvXi_HejnI

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Das Volk posted:

What little hard data I can find suggests that manuals are extremely unlikely to get stolen even when corrected for the differences in overall numbers. I also found numerous stories of carjackers getting busted after finding that a car is a manual.

In the case of the Viper, if you didn't care about the car's condition when you found it, there's a drat good chance that even if someone did try to steal it you'd find it pretty close to where it was left :v:

If I stole a viper of all things I'd be drat sure to get my money's worth out of it and go do a little cruise on the highway, roast off the tires, etc.

Then again I imagine the list of things I'd do to a viper if I owned one overlaps pretty much exactly with what I'd do with a stolen one. They really should do yearly checks of those cars and if you haven't done at least 10 burnouts and gotten the speedometer past 120 they take it back.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Wasabi the J posted:

Isn't that stock?

You're missing the joke about lovely dodge interiors.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

What the gently caress? At first I thought it was all bondo and then said nahhh it just got into a wreck and was covered in mud when I saw the interior. Then I looked closer and saw that nope, that's bondo.

Why are people so loving crazy?!

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Whoa, A&M no longer hates UT now that they're in the SEC. You can be sure that UT is still bitter as gently caress that they didn't make the deal to get out first though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

rscott posted:

Wait what, why would Texas leave the Big 12 when the reason why everyone else wants to leave is because Texas dominates the league?

That hasn't happened since what, 2008-2009? Leaving the B12 is the smartest thing A&M has ever done IMO from a marketing standpoint. This isn't terrible car stuff though.

E: ^ Oh my loving god is Luby's disgusting. I'd rather eat at golden corrale and that's saying something.