Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

DropShadow posted:

You might say it was ... littorally disintegrating.

No. No I wouldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007
Rusty quarter panel? Aluminum foil to the rescue:

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

dor1 posted:

I think i want it.

Please tell me that is yellow duct tape. Also, I would drive it.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

YF19pilot posted:

I'm not surprised this happened in Texas. What surprises me is I haven't seen this in Oklahoma.

You haven't spent much time in Payne County then. Amusingly, I almost got hit by a deer last week by lake Hefner.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

FuzzKill posted:

Since this says terrible car stuff and not necessarily terrible car pictures, here is a thread.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/212645-my-2008-fn2-ctr-won-direct-port-setup.html

My favorite excerpts:

I couldn`t be arsed to remove the intake manifold to remove the metal particles, so when everything was finished I got behind the wheel, started the car and revved it to blow the shavings and **** out of the exhaust.
apparently that worked, engine is running fine.

This thread is beautiful, thank you.

Also, that command panel is sweet, I love the electrical tape finish.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007
Found this at the local pull apart, wish I'd gotten a couple more shots because the panel work at the back of the cab was amazing.

edit: drat fancy thumbnail tags
Also, didn't even notice the timbo badge until now.

Poisonlizard fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 26, 2012

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007
Nice effort car here:

Although it did have a full flag on top, it's just not the same in black and white.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Dakotaboy88 posted:

Here's one of the local police cars just down the street from me. My buddy's kid was kind enough to pose for photos so that I wouldn't have to look like a troll taking photos in front of the cop's house. She's a cutie, but drat, that's some ridiculous stuff to put on a cop car.

Going to sound like the devil's advocate here, but I'm ok with this. Dare officers here spend a good chunk of their time going to elementary and middle schools, showing kids the cars and doing anti drug, and pro police education. So anything that gets the kids attention is good. Of course it would look like 5th graders designed it.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Dakotaboy88 posted:

maybe toss on another bumper or two, just to be safe.

Whoah! That's just crazy talk there, you can only have so many bumpers.

He needs a quadruple roll bar in the back.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

iForge posted:

I don't know who in their right mind would buy one of these. They are the ugliest loving thing on the road right now, aside from the Soul, Juke, and Cube. Seriously why do people think these boxy vehicles are attractive?

It's a work truck, who cares what it looks like (yes it's ugly). We bought one because it does what it is supposed to. Hauls a bunch of poo poo, and easy to work out of.
Well, and because Ford has delayed the Transit a half dozen times now (Damnit Ford :argh:) .

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Linedance posted:

If I saw that I don't think I could resist swapping the S and T at the end of that badge.

I had looked at it twice before I realized it didn't say fairyslut.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

That's a wheel of doom at best.

quote:

I would recommend a kickback shield
Yea no poo poo.

Love the way he welded that wheel on there, and the way the engine bounces up and down while it's running.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

anonumos posted:

Used for deer huntin'.

Deer love the mud, they hang out all the time in thigh deep mud just lookin for that sweet mud grass.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

Wrecked PT Cruiser? I'm gonna call wrong thread.

It's still on the road, so right thread.

Edit: Please tell me that truck in front of it is on the back of a flatbed and not a super bro truck.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Chinatown posted:

No, its not.

I can't help but read this as 4 docter 911. Kinda makes sense, not gonna get 4 normal sized Doctors in a 911.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Look guys, when an LFA loves a Prius very much....

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

Probably for the benefit of small vehicles and Class 8 trucks in bumper-to-bumper gridlock. No matter how low or high, one can read it.

Shark on the back, flaming robodolphin on the side. Needs an octopus holding eight guns firing on the hood.

At that point, we would definitely be in the wrong thread.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

um excuse me posted:

I need to know if the wheels are still there.

You know they are, along with the engine (although I'm sure all the oil has leaked out to make a hazmat basement). You don't put that kind of half assed effort into it and take the wheels off.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

god drat. And on a j-body at that.

I can't imagine it being on anything else, I mean: A PT Cruiser just doesn't have enough hood for that.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

I wish I'd thought of this a few years back. Was a pain in the rear end to get that coat hanger wrapped around there with a Leatherman.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Rhyno posted:

He bought the car in 2009 and did all the mods and body work himself, detailing the entire thing on FB.

It got shot up at one point!

Someone tried to put it out of its misery?
They should try again.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Rhyno posted:

edit: on this subject, I hope Biden puts a stop to Chip Foose and his terrible wheels.
This, don't let that man near anything else, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Oh god, this is physically painful to look at. I mean, I have to give him props for getting it done, but.....