Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Saw this in the Best Buy parking lot today:

With Manufacturer plates. In mid-Michigan. Who is importing Citroens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Throatwarbler posted:

:wtc: Did a woman just post in AI?

It's probabvly GM? They just bought a stake in PSA Peugeot Citroen and are probably going to do some joint vehicles for the Euro market.

Hey.

Yeah, I live in a pretty GM-heavy town, but I also work for their technical assistance center, so I'm surprised I haven't come across any literature on it, since they usually make a big deal for redesigns and new products. And they still only have 7% stake in it, so why they'd choose the Citroen brand over Opel or Vauxhall is puzzling.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Geoj posted:

They'll do what Dodge did with the Alfa Romeo that underpins the new Dart - modify the frame a bit, throw a mediocre body on top of it and claim they built it from the ground up. In short, ruin it.

But then why is there a Citroen driving around at all?

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

sbaldrick posted:

GM wants to build a car that people want to buy but with even worst build quality then the French. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Napoleon's plan for world domination comes to fruition impossibly slowly.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Shifty Pony posted:

Nope!

I would expect something like that at a "Buy Here Pay Here" lot but I'm really impressed at the gall of a normal dealer listing that, and saying they are giving you a $2k price break!

I had a 1997 Corolla with 160k on it and minor rear end damage that my dad (I am ~abroad~ at the moment) sold for almost $2000 and I laughed pretty hard at the schmuck who paid that. How much money are you really saving in gas?

Alternate suggestion: maybe that is the price in zimbabwean dollars.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

A student posted:

How does the power from the engine get to the wheels?

Never mind that. How do you get into it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

rarbatrol posted:

My hometown of Saginaw, MI has a certain notorious sheriff who obtained a mustang that way: http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2012/04/saginaw_sheriff_federspiel_tes.html

Reason 457 why I never trusted a Saginaw cop.

I wonder if this was before or after his people shot an unarmed homeless man to death on a street corner.