Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Terrible Robot posted:

As a fellow Mopar fan, I tend to agree, but the cell-phone pics thread has been rolled into this, so :shrug:

Also, the old white car in my post is a mopar as well (I think).

'59 Buick Invicta.

Neither car is anywhere near terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

There is NO way in hell she couldn't have nudged the shift lever into "N" there is a reason you don't need to push the button to do that from "D"

Luckly she didn't kill anybody, but she should have slammed into a bridge abutment.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Saw this yesterday..

You obviously have some sort of brake light voltage already at the back of the car, since you wired in the trailer lights.....why not just fix the lights that are there already? :psyduck:

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Hell anything that pisses off people who want to use the Confederate flag is okay with me!

I find pointing out the fact that they are waving the flag of the losing side does this quite well.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

I want to find a '78-81 Challenger, do a japan flag and call it the "General Tso"

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

JaysonAych posted:

I've got a whole bunch of them scattered around, though I put most of them up when my apartment was being painted.

This is what I have on my computer desk right now. I'm an odd duck.

Holy crap...there is a Omni matchbox? Off to ebay.

I have that same Daytona one on my desk too, along with the hotwheels version and and another matchbox daytona with a goofy paint scheme and non-opening hood.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome posted:

Who wouldn't want to be part of the fag lot? :colbert:

Much better tailgating in the fag lot.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

neckbeard posted:

Was stuck in traffic this morning next to a Nissan Juke, they have to be the ugliest vehicle currently on the market right now.

Acura ZDX. When I first saw one, It made me ANGRY how ugly it was and yet it could still exist.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

I'd be amazed if even 1/2 of the poo poo even works.

dude needs to wash his hands more often before he touches his seats too.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Its not broken, its rotating weight reduction.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

OSI bean dip posted:

When was the last time a Renault was sold in North America?

1992, but granted it was rebadged as the Eagle Premier/Dodge Monaco. Renault Badged cars eneded in 89.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

some texas redneck posted:

:stare:

How in the gently caress do you even do that?

Precision German mechanical failures.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

They bend as easy as you think they would as well. Local tire shop here even wont sell them anymore with their "protection plan"

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Poing posted:

I honestly can't believe that people are proud of running a half marathon.

There aren't enough smugface smileys in the world for this.

CommieGIR posted:

That frame...:psyduck:

Its okay, the frame was likely all rotted out to begin with, they were just replacing rotten metal with.....giant pieces of scrap.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

This is terrible, happened to a friend.

Who steals stock wheels in a middle class suburb?

At least they used 4 blocks, often they just use 2 , and teeter the car on them as needed so they not only steal the wheels, but damage the rockers and drop the car right on the rotors.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Chickenbisket posted:

This poor poor NA Miata. This is the last car I expected to ever see with lambo doors. I really wonder if the odometer is even hooked up, the trip and overall both show all 0's. It's kind of illegal to sell it like that right?

It's legal if its documented somewhere on the car what its mileage was before the cluster swap, and of course the new one works.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Solar Coaster posted:

Jesus Christ.

As a DJ, I gotta say wtf. Why on earth would you have turntables (look like Stantons) in the back? Ok I get that you need a 2 channel mixer, so lets use babby's first battle mixer, but seriously. Then you paint over the platters with the same god awful paint scheme. Never mind that you cover the up the platters with a slip mat. At least I hope to god he uses a slip mat otherwise he will be chewing up every piece of vinyl he puts on it. Once again, what the christ. I cannot fathom this at all.

Plus that's gotta be uncomfortable as gently caress to mix on regularly. Especially since it is setup in battle formation, hinting that this person likes to scratch; if they even know how to spin at all.

</end DJ rant>

Well there is that, and the fact the tables are inches away from the SUBS....might have a slight vibration issue?

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

kastein posted:

Those jacks are incredibly useful (and dangerous), I don't go to the junkyard without one anymore.

I usually just go digging through cars until I find one. There is always at least one insanely dangerous 70-80s bumper jack somewhere.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

No, that's every Alfa owner, everywhere.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

yyyyyy posted:

they're both mega idiots, etc.

You could have stopped at Aveo.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Well, mudpit trucks generally do look like a pile of scaffolding with axles underneath.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Its....not very intimidating to say the least.

Apparently, from its license plate, it also has intimacy problems.

They actually are pretty quick for a truck, and some were AWD, which of course being a GM AWD detonates the second you throw any additional power at it.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Zeether posted:

It's a PT Cruiser mated with a Chevy Venture, why the gently caress would anyone want to do that?

TWO, TWO, TWO Times the awful!

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Faerunner posted:

Kind of reminds me of the Aztek

Reminds me of a Caliber that they over-inflated.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Astroman posted:

I have a Droid Global 2. I'm holding onto it because I'm desperately holding onto my Verizon grandfathered unlimited data (which means I have to hold onto 3G). I've looked at a Global 3, which would be a good upgrade.

But I thought a bit about what if I had to bite the bullet and go to 4G. The Droid 4 is the next model. And it has a locked away battery that is not user changeable! :psyduck:

If not even to have a spare battery, just alone for the fact that one of the main ways to do a reboot if the phone locks up is to rip the battery out, I can't ever see myself getting one of those!

Is this that bug again where posts end up in the wrong place? Otherwise you got IYG in my AI....Or AI in my peanutbutter or whatever.

You don't need to keep 3G to keep unlimited, you can buy a 4G device and have it changed no problem, you just can't take a subsidy on a new phone and keep unlimited.

Also: all of the internal battery phones have some sort of chipset-level hardware interrupt built in so you can reset the device. On a D4 for example, its power button and volume down for about 15 seconds. No matter what state the phone or software is in, it will reset.

Now for on topic content..

I saw a C6 with these yesterday, couldn't get close enough to take a good pic..

OOOOH Its so fast its on fire! But its METAL fire thats even COOOOOOOLER!

The description for the site is even better.

quote:

Looking for a unique, eye-catching, high-class accent that will remind everyone that your Corvette is the hottest vehicle on the road? Combining those three criteria might seem like a tall order, but these stainless steel taillight covers with a laser cut flame pattern fit the bill perfectly.

The distinctive, signature circular design of the Corvette's taillights just begs for personalization, but it's hard to find accessories that are as high-class as the car itself. Happily, these 100% stainless, laser-cut taillight covers are designed to be sporty and aggressive - and their stainless construction makes them downright classy. Don't buy cheap plastic imitations that will flake and peel - only stainless has the durability to last a lifetime.

HIGH CLASS! LASER CUT!

What is it with Vette owners and the obsession of putting things in the Taillight buckets?

Mighty Horse fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 25, 2013

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Eh, just flick some molten metal at it...that'll weld 'er up.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

:ohdear: That poor Cummins didn't ask to be abused....

Well, they do....just not in this manner.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

http://www.cavecreekdesigns.com/catalog.php?category=62

Yep. $1200 and you can impale pedestrians too!

Or hack of a few limbs as you sideswipe..

and not automotive, but from the same brilliant minds..

Mighty Horse fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 17, 2013

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Cakefool posted:

:allears: do you think they take turns?

Take a hard right to tip it and then climb into the grey van and keep going, until you have to take a hard left when you switch back to the pickup. Its 2 times the vehicle.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Or A Willie Mays-Hays one.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Chinatown posted:

20k and not a total? Jesus. Did you at least get to choose where you brought it for work?

I had a simple (lol) rear quarter panel replacement that took 7 weeks and $5500.

If it's more than 2/3rds the value of the car they will total. Below that, they will fix. So it was close, maybe REAL close.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Godholio posted:

That really took me a second to figure out. Does it have two motors?

It would be some impressive engineering since the original was a RWD car.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

That is quite the cam.

If it ain't on the verge of stalling, its not lopey enough.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Well granted the clear ones it came with, like most clear taillights were pretty awful. Which is odd, because aftermarket tails almost ALWAYS look shittier than the stock ones.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

slidebite posted:

Wiki needs some image standards for that 86

I'd say that's a pretty fine example of the breed.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Root Bear posted:

I was told that a rare antique Vette was coming by the shop today...

Oh. :downs:

If it was a diesel, it would be.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Uthor posted:

There's a "Deaf Child Area" sign in the neighborhood. I sometimes wonder how they corral all the deaf children there.

The sign has also been there for 30 years, so I doubt the child is a child anymore.

There is one of these near me, quite obvious it was put there some time in the 80s, and someone stenciled "NO" on the top.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Good way to replace one with a rusty floor and rockers...

In other words....EVERY Fiero.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Spades posted:

This dude was cruising about the street at roughly 3mph while the incredibly obnoxious rotary was running so roughly and so loudly I couldn't have a conversation in the cafe I was in at the time.

After he blew the engine from the immensely stressful task of keeping it idling for a few minutes, his car still wasn't even half as fast as the V12 AMG a few cars down from him but at least it wasn't as loud.

From all my experence at the track when rotaries show up it seems like "adjusting it" involves banging it off the rev limiter for 15 minutes with open exhaust. I guess if you let it idle it blows up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

What is it about hoods that VW ricers just have to do so much stupid stuff with?