Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

does this count as terrible? It's not visible here, but the driver and passenger's side doors were missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

I think this belongs here:

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Not pictured: inevitable "Zombie hunting permit" sticker.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

I can't link photos because phone, but random wikibrowsing has lead me to the knowledge that GAZ once built the Chrysler Sebring under license.

Which must have been several kinds of poo poo.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

i fly an airplane with 95hp

I've researched an airplane that flies on 26hp.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

No pictures but I saw a personal watercraft driving down the road last night.

Was it a Seep or a Schwimmwagen, at least?

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Self described communists having a patreon is never not hilarious.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

In other terrible vehicle news, a UK company unveiled this horrible autonomous bus recently I remember posting in here because it loving sucks visually but a journo was on it yesterday and tweeted about his experience! I'll post the thread so you don't have to click but there's some tells in it which suggest this supposed 'ready to go' concept is anything but. There's a bunch more in the thread including how Universities in the US did better at the DARPA Urban self driving challenge over a decade ago, the fact this vehicle being used to gauge public perception of using a self driving bus had HIDDEN safety releases for the door(!!) and the fact that for a bus there's no way to let the thing know you want off it like you would with an oldschool bell system as fitted to buses since the dawn of time. It seems it was designed because they could design it, not because they were actually trying to solve a problem which is basically everything wrong with tech these days.

https://twitter.com/fanf/status/1409501270080208899?s=20
Why does it look like a regular bus inside a plastic shell.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Nice to see the Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust getting some market recognition finally

Don't compare the brilliant garage door bodywork of the i-Eagle Thrust with this disaster

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

AFewBricksShy posted:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

Wow, it wasn't just me.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

There's a town in Missouri that has been wiped off the map, all residents evacuated, all buildings demolished, and all roads leading in destroyed, because they used this practice to keep dust down on the roads and then oops the oil was contaminated with dioxin.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Times_Beach,_Missouri

Miraculously, they actually completed Superfund remediation in only about 20 years and now the area is a state park.

The engineering disasters segment they did on this was great, because they managed to interview the guy responsible. Who was still salty about being blamed for it years later. He claimed to have drank a vial of dioxin in court to prove it wasn't a big deal.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Captain Log posted:

I'll never forget one time he was pulling into our apartment, and the loving thing made a grinding noise so loud I ran to the sliding door. A bunch of metal poo poo that was together with bolts and hinges fell out of the bottom, about the size of my fist. It ran without a problem for another couple of years.

So it was just passing an automotive kidney stone then

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Is...is the top piece of the spoiler just glued in place or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Data Graham posted:

It does remind me that I ought to be referring to Cybertruks as Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrusts whenever I see one.

That is clearly unfair to Geoff, as he actually underwent rigorous crash testing.