Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Yeah, I'm gonna echo the need for a craigslist and mechanical failures thread. If craigslist HAS to go, then so be it but I need me my mechanical failures thread. That ranged from engineering chat to pics of aviation disasters. Stupid overheard car poo poo was nice to have too. If we're gonna have a picture thread, let's just keep it a picture thread. I guess what I'm saying is that the only thread that really needed to go was the cellphone pic thread.

astrollinthepork fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Aug 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS

MrSaturn posted:

Serious question: does hellaflush go here now?

It sure does!

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS

IOwnCalculus posted:

So clearly this went over as well as my old Volvo's last six emissions tests. I'll reopen the CL and mechanical failures threads.

Awesome! Thank you!

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS
http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#/video/us/2012/08/27/stuck-accelerator-help.kcci

So some stupid lady talks about her accelerator getting stuck and being unable to slow it down.

SHIFT IT INTO NEUTRAL CHRIST

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS

MrSaturn posted:

That can't be stock.

Ohoho, it is. I liked it from a 3/4 view on a black G6 I saw once, but now I see the light.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS

meatpimp posted:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/pag...xml&cmpid=share

Local "designers."(video link... worth it to experience all of the awfulness)

Ahaha, Grove City never change.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS

Fermunky posted:

I know in Florida, debris falling out of a vehicle and hitting your car is not a claim for auto insurance, since it didn't involve a "crash", so it would have to be handle by small claims or civil suits, or something to that nature. A buddy who works for a body shop doing primarily insurance work told me about this.

Not even with comprehensive?

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS

Tusen Takk posted:

I think I know the owner of that car, where'd you see it?

I know someone I know has something gay like that. (shocking I know)

Never stop.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS

InitialDave posted:

Get some of the newer flat type. They're a little more, but work really well.

They never have on my Volvo 850 or Fiero. The beam would lose its pressure somewhere and leave a spot completely unwiped.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS

2009.jpg

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS
I can't find the thing now, but in the craigslist thread there was Lamborghini Countach made from a Fiero in Ohio. Well that guy is in my town and there's a car show below my apartment today. The car has been here for the past 2 car shows, and I always assumed it was an actual Countach. It's got some fat rear end tires and everything. If you didn't tell me it was a Fiero I would have had no idea, but now that I know it's easy to see in things like the dash and console hump. It was clear that a lot of work and thought went into it.

He kept the 2.8 V6 in it, making all of 140 HP new. I used to be into Fieros quite heavily and know the ins and outs of the cars. I had asked him why he hadn't swapped in a SC 3800 or something, since they swap in fairly easily and simply. His reply?

"Too much work"

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS
Several years ago I had a span where I drove off with the nozzle in my GAS HOLE three times in two months. For the third time I just drove back and left the hose by the pump without saying anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS

No idea. Hasn't happened since though!