Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Keep Sawzalls away from crack addicts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Beve Stuscemi posted:

“Frame broke, so this what you get. Deal with it”

Did you find the ad and copy that? Because that's what it actually says when you click More.

"1998 Chevy z71 4x4
Motor and Transmission are in great running condition
Frame broke so this what you get
Call Vince at [hidden information]"

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Crv4S8opg3f/?igshid=Y2I2MzMwZWM3ZA==

I know what I got

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

I saw this thing up the road from me, once. It gave me vibes like the truck from Jeepers Creepers. It was seriously just made of random parts and hunks of wood. (e: and a tarp.)

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Maybe not matching all discussions here but I just remembered how awful I found the old Hyundai Tiburon to be with its goofy trypophobia triggering front end.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

orange juche posted:

I guess they both had red, black and yellow paint schemes?

I googled this. For 2004, the Tiburon had 138hp and the Tiburon GT had 172hp.

Totally Ferraris. How can I handle this much FWD POWER??

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

i have always loved the ferrari 456 because it has the most ( ◡‿◡ ) ♡ face ever

And here I lived for years with a car that had the most derp-face ever.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Zero One posted:

Hood of your truck too huge to see what's right in front of you?

Ford has the solution!

https://www.thedrive.com/news/ford-has-a-crazy-idea-that-lets-you-drive-off-road-while-standing-up

This is the stance I take when I drive to the store to buy more cucumbers AMA

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Clarkson had one of those Mitsuoka cars. It was another car they obviously ruined even more than it already was from the factory. Fun fact: It's a Nissan with a body kit.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

You walk out to you car and find this jammed into it

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

They've come to the right place.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

yeahhhhh I wanted my '86 to grip better so

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Who the hell puts coilovers on a Tacoma other than people who would put race slicks on a long-haul semi truck?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

Uh, people that want a good quality lift kit? Do you think coilovers are only for sports cars?

Yeah, I need better handling in my family SUV. I can't take corners fast enough for my needs when driving my kids to Walmart.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Listen, I will let UK slander wash over me like I was a pebble in a stream until you start talking about our beautifully designed mains plugs. :bahgawd:

Education for you as to why you are wrong:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEfP1OKKz_Q

My favorite part is requiring every electrical object in your home to have a plug the size of your fist for absolutely no reason

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

"Awwwwwwww sorry that your teensy little dick doesn't work, dude."

https://twitter.com/messedupcars/status/1701637549104480441

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

My god, there is so much doodie... so much. There's an avalanche of badness in this thread. Please allow me a pass on a palate cleanser with something beautiful

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Terrible car stuff... this thing. THIS bastard I put horrible MSPaint arrows on.

You know how many hours and dollars I wasted on BMW deciding to feed the entirety of the oil to its engines' heads through a stupid banjo bolt that sprayed oil out of a tube after that oil-tube decided to throw a temper tantrum and quit? Dammit.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Darchangel posted:

So how does that work? The tube gets pressurized and has holes to direct sprayed oil into the cam lobes?

Yeah, the top end is fed by this. The banjo bolt gets oil pumped up through it that flows through this bar with a few holes stuck in it.

Fun fact: this idea and mechanism doesn't always work reliably. open your wallet.

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 16, 2024

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

fuckin

drip irrigation as an oiling mechanism

That old BMW M10 engine is a complete champion but yeah that oil distribution scheme gave me headaches at times, to put it lightly.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

To follow up on that M10 discussion, this was simultaneously the worst and best car I ever owned. Having to sit outside frantically tearing apart the wiper motor in the dark to rebuild it before I was supposed to show up for a date. Every possible gasket and seal was rotten. Why is rain falling in through the door seals?! There's no power steering so parallel parking is a sweat-inducing workout and my friends laughed at me during those attempts. I still miss it. Call me a masochist. Worst thing I've loved.

e: It has since moved on to an old friend who now has to struggle with 16 previous owners doing god knows what to keep stringing it together for a few more miles. Bless his soul. I hope this piece of necessary wrenches sees a happy ending.

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 17, 2024

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Terrible car stuff I finally had to acknowledge and deal with, today: Headlight lenses.

I've owned cars before with glass lenses for the headlights and all was lovely happy times but I've since had to deal with like round #19 dealing with a vehicle with plastic lenses, today. You know how they eventually turn hazy and yellow and opaque over time? Cue me kneeling in the street outside trying to buff out the awfulness.

Old pic but a previous example of me dealing with headlight lenses that were basically made of the same plastic as Tic Tac containers:

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Enos Cabell posted:

Spotted this on Jalopnik earlier today, a Dodge Super8 Hemi concept from 2001. It looks like elements of 6 different cars smashed together, and the proportions on everything are so far off it's become unsettling. I hate almost* everything about it.

*suicide doors are always worth 1 cool point

That is one of the most "please... kill... me..." looking cars I've seen in ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Terrible Car Stuff: The time a couple years ago when two people decided to floor it down the street outside of my place to see how fast they could go, lost control, took out their own car and 4 others' cars in the crash that then occurred, and then simply jumped out of the car and ran away.