Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

quote:

I want this so badly. You know how people put Rolls Royce fronts on Beetles? Well this is actually good.

echoplex fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Aug 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Speaking of Minis with louvres, this made me laugh:

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Oh man, those door hinges.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Apparently it's 'real' rust in that it's a paint that rusts, or something. On the wood.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Same here. Those wheels are killer.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Did that used to be something? I'm assuming it was, they said their last car was a custom build even though it was 90% a DeLorean so I wonder what this used to be. The DADL is ready to send out condolences, whatever it was.

That window line is infuriatingly terrible. It looks like someone's tried to go Nouveau with it without having actually ever seen anything Nouveau.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

MrChips posted:

Hope it's not a customer car then, or that he's found not at fault.

You know what? I'm gonna go further than I did originally and say I'm happy to see a smashed up Gullwing. Because it means someone is actually driving it and enjoying it, instead of wrapping it in plastic and burying it in their car collection forevermore.

This will warm your heart then:

http://vimeo.com/42983057

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
I love that he has a modern radio in it, too. He really does drive it.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Measly Twerp posted:

Jesus making GBS threads christ what the gently caress

What was it?

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

cheese-cube posted:

Sorry, I never got over Gerry's death. May he rest in peace and may I stay out of AI.

I met Gerry at Pinewood one day a couple of years back - up until his death he still had an office there. He was a really nice, humble guy. He was trying to get another model-based show off the ground, apparently, but I guess there was never a chance of that happening. Him and Derek Meddings both being dead is a real loss :(

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Your face would just be in so many pieces after crashing that thing.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
:(

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
That car looks actively, furiously, constipated.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

(on the assumption it's not a joke)

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
I want that Corvette to exist if only to see what would happen if you floored it from a standstill.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Were you stalking her?

e: I will hear nothing against the women of Chiswick

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
8 less rare Corvettes in the world:

What are the odds of a skinkhole just eating up a car museum?

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
A couple of years ago I picked up a project DeLorean from the US. At some point in it's life it went from being cared for with all the usual upgrades of the era, to belonging to someone with some misplaced 2fast2furious tendencies. Other than the cut shocks, knockoff momo wheel and *~racing pedals~* they also... painted the headlights blue?

I thought I had a good handle on (lovely) car culture but I've never seen this before and I don't get it. Is it a thing? He also painted the license plate lights blue too...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Slugworth posted:

Why is it raising its eyebrows? I can't find a single photo of a delorean that looks like that.

Google "DeLorean eyebrows" - it's incredibly common.

A lot of people think it's headlamp heat, but I imagine very few people use the full beams on those cars. I think it's just a structural weak point in the polyurethane fascias, when exposed to lots of heat they 'kink' there. Can be fixed with heat and an internal aluminium rod (or replacing the fascias for fibreglass ones, which are much straighter). Mine was left sitting out in the sun for a decade so I'm surprised they're not worse.