Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
As Sock prooved, the forklift is the best tool one can have.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

JaysonAych posted:

I remember when the concept G6 first hit the auto show circuit, and how exciting and dynamic it was for its time. Then the production version hit, and even though it kept a lot of the same lines, GM worked tremendously hard to make it as uninteresting as possible.

I dont know why but it reminds me of when Lamborghini designed the Intrepid.
Ahh the Chrysler days. :allears:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
That Yaplakal site is a gold mine.
That one guy who fixed up that rolled SUV was something, but this dude....

This dude does this to his A3

Spends some time in a junk yard...

He admits this particular job was a little rushed.

Anyway time for paint, he chose to mix every paint in the shop

The result he called, "sky before a storm"

Bam

All thats left is to put it for sale online.

And make a thread about some of the little details in the cars history he forgot to mention in his ad after the car was sold.
http://www.yaplakal.com/forum11/topic236705.html

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 15, 2012

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

DrPain posted:

Then drop it off at the shop and take your lug key with you! :downs::hf::downs:

Thoes are the best tickets ever! Customer comes back 4 hours later, WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS NOT DONE!? @$#$@$!!! Sir your lugnut key was not in the glove box. What follows is the phone call to the wife....

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Octopus Magic posted:

I always wonder what the shelf life of those ghetto-fab crawlers with the roofs cut off is. A year? More?

Maybe it's because I live in Boston.

Yea you gotta get out where people put swampers on Astros.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

LloydDobler posted:

Nah, that's urban legend. I've had un-torqued lug bolts come undone on me. When tightened properly neither will come loose.

The real reason is that it makes the hub assembly cheaper.

Pretty sure American cars in the 50's had them as well. My opinion is that they torque down easier. My biggest problem with VW/AUDI in general concerning lug bolts is that they have those annoying loving plastic covers on them. When a customer comes in to get them re-torqued after service, it takes for ever to do something that should take literally no more than a min.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

SierraEchoBravo posted:

Does it look like a Ferrari 599 GTO to anyone else?

I was going to say, looks like they put the California through a cheap scanner.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Kill-9 posted:

Saw this on the way into work this morning.

Roof rack cross bars are so expensive, I'm just gonna whip up something using whatever 2x4s and u-bolts I have lying around the garage. Now that looks good!

drat, the wind really whistles under those things. I think I'll use this leftover expanding foam to plug the gaps. There! Fixed!

We used my buddies GF's car to go on a camping trip last summer, to save space in the car, we built a similar roof rack. Worked out great.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
The rims are awesome. :ussr:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Camero or Trans Am?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Maker Of Shoes posted:

How can I be sure that his vehicle is, in fact, the illest? What about the fine automobile next to it? Perhaps his is iller than the self proclaimed illest. Does he have the stickers discussing levels of ill as well?

I like to think of it as the goofy kid at the skate park with some hosed up rear end shoes and a once nice board which is now scrap throwing down the sickest poo poo you will see all day. Personal expression may not be in everyone's best taste.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

NoWake posted:

Raiders!! :black101::respek::black101:

Oddly I dont think there is a more appropriate way to be a Raiders fan.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Octopus Magic posted:

Pretty sure it came from the factory like that.

Old welfare receipts and past due bills on the dash and all.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Bone_Enterprise posted:

Who is the dumbass that thought going through that was actually going to be a good idea?

Because Rally Car.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
How angry of a person do you have to be to just slap a sticker on like that?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Def Child Area from what I understand can be put up at the will of the people living there. Im assuming once the child grows up moves away etc, they are supposed to take it down but ive only seen those signs out in rural areas where I guess they get forgotten about.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Usually I hate memes but this one made me chuckle.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
So did he get laid?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

davebo posted:

What I always liked about that scene was even after he lost, the Ferrari owner drove home with a hot lady while Paul Walker just drives home with Vin Diesel.

Edit: wow I just looked this up: 1997 Ferrari F355 Spider 0-60 mph 5.2 Quarter mile 13.5
If accurate that's not even as fast as the base Corvette of the same year.

Thats why you can get one now for 45 grand.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
This dude is a frequent poster in our towns automotive Facebook exchange.
GO HONDA!

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I miss when DC made good clothes and shoes. So I will hate on him for that.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Hahaha the last to posts are straight out of Far Side.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I always say, show up with cash, we will talk.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Know whos bad with money? WillIAM.

See that there? that's 900,000 dollars.
http://thesupercarkids.com/will-i-am-customcar/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=will-i-am-customcar

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I mean some 26 MILLION Russians died fighting the Nazis back into submission but yea, it was the winter that won.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

some texas redneck posted:

Somewhere in AI, I mentioned the Maxima "racecar" a coworker bought. I even asked if every 17 year old was this stupid.

He drove it to work today.

No inspection, no registration, and the sticker on the windshield is a sticker from his apartment complex saying it would be towed for not displaying plates. It has (now expired) temporary plates from the next county.

It was worse than I thought. Sorry for the low rez photo, I had to shoot the pic between deliveries... and he was sitting outside smoking almost every time I pulled in.

One may note the giant puddle of coolant under the car (well, if it was a better photo anyway - everything under the car was soaked in a mix of fluids). The entire engine bay is covered in coolant; the upper tank of the radiator has a large chunk missing.

The yellow tinted headlights (with a lovely HID conversion - one bulb works as long as you don't hit a bump, the other sort of flickers now and then; they're all wired to the battery with relays, no fuses of course)

The missing quarter window.

The mostly missing interior.

What you can't see from photos is the horrible knocking sound. Or pumpkin launcher exhaust. Or (3 different kinds of) "altezza" taillights. You can sort of see the mismatched hood; the trunk is another color. The shifter is almost as tall as the dash. If you stand directly in front of or behind the car, one may notice the significant ... alignment issues. Like the car being bent in the middle.

The only redeeming things: the one remaining seat is in good shape (leather). The factory Bose stereo is unmolested, and somehow sounds decent.

Did I mention he doesn't even have a license, and he's driving this on expired temporary plates, and his apartment complex is slapping it with "gently caress you, it's getting towed" stickers every few hours?

Aw poor Maxima. Is it at least a 5 speed?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Is/was...that a Trans Am?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I want to know what that feels like to drive.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Hey I bet Eastern Europe has some amazing death machine for log splitting!
Oh wow, its actually kind of sensible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZWtz1bACS4

What country could bring us a Caravan powered wood lathe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4qB6n1cm04
Oh Canada, I love you.

Burnt oil wood finish :stare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_m54mYN0no

Cant get enough of this guy
Caravan wood hauler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JukdpOusCCw

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 30, 2013

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

My friends dad is literally building one of these. The floor plan is pretty impressive.His will have a deck tho.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

tobu posted:

Look at this dudes insane parking skills:

*tucks shirt in and walks away*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fToRej14lCQ
All I could think of, like a glove.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 3, 2013

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Devyl posted:

They're probably headed to mud-fest.

I used to live in Okeechobee, Florida. It's your run-of-the-mill small town. The economy of the town is driven by it's close location to Lake Okeechobee; one of the largest fresh-water lakes in the United States. Professional fishing tournaments are held frequently in the lake. However, once a year during the summer a near-by ranch owner opens a portion of his field to be turned into quite possibly the largest privately-owned mud-pit in the state. I lived there when the first Mud-Fest began, and it was a huge deal. On one side, it brought in a good chunk of change to the local businesses. However, the dark side of this was having to deal with hundreds of rednecks in lifted Jeeps/Fords/Chevys who may or may not be on something as well as possibly drunk; driving those death-mobiles everywhere for three days. Another problem is the traffic it creates. The town is split into even quarters by the intersection of 70 & 441, and to get anywhere in the town, you'll end up on one of those roads for a minute. Suddenly a normal small town is having traffic jams of diesels and lifted bro trucks all coal rolling or whatever the gently caress it's called.

Here's a :nws: (half-naked women and typical bro douchebaggery) you-tube video of your typical mud-fest shennanigans: http://youtu.be/Cg-38Aip-Eg

Please tell me they do not allow driving thoes god awful lifted pontoon boat thingys on the roads.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Dakotaboy88 posted:

My cousin just sent me this gem he saw in his condo parking lot.

No one noticed how goddamn bald and irregularly worn that tyre is?!

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Code Jockey posted:

What in the gently caress?

No, wait. Why in the gently caress?

Its a Jeep thing.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

I traded my beloved beater peace of poo poo in for something more respectable because even I started getting embarrassed to give girls rides in it and yell over the exhaust to ask if they are comfy when clearly they just wanted to get out at the next light.
Dont understand why she wanted a Trooper tho and why he couldnt keep the AWII as a project/sunday driver.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Dont they cost some absurd amount of money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

drukqs posted:

On the upside you would probably need a pretty monstrous set of extensions to steal those wheels.

(Or a cordless impact I suppose)
Oh God aligning it!?