Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

sharkytm posted:

Seriously. Lets just make all of AI one thread: POST CAR STUFF HERE.
poo poo, that'd take care of all the forums and sub-forums.

SomethingAwful: Post Everything Here

The cellphone thread and the dumb poo poo ya' heard thread could certainly be combined, but the CL/eBay thread, and the mechanical failures thread were great because they were kept on-topic by the posters themselves. I knew what I was getting, and when there were a bunch of new posts, I knew something awesome had been posted. The biggest problem with aggregating all these threads is, as someone else said, it becomes a Pinterest thread about cars. It'll move too fast, and good poo poo will get passed over. I sure as hell don't have the time to wade through a 200+ post/day thread.

Another vote for separate threads.

No going Integral on us Calculus. No reason for making mega mega posts, its not like AI generates a huge amount of threads. Who cares if a few people complain about wrong thread or whatever, you don't have to resolve all the "Report" clicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
I have some bosch beam type on the BMW (220ECA? i think that means Icon), and they are the loudest things Ive ever used. The beam is too wide, so when it changes direction, the edges of the beam hit the glass and it makes a huge thunk.
Maybe they are too long so they flex? Im going to get dealer blades when we replace the windshield next.
I should have saved the blades I took off and tried to get refills, but of course I threw them out like a sucker.

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
I specifically bought a new car to get the keyless entry/keyless start. I love not going into my pockets for a key. 6 weeks of a rental and I couldn't handle messing about with real keys when I got home.

The e60 bmw you had to get the convenience package to get the antenna or whatever so you didn't have to poke the key into the slot.
The outdoor antenna broke and we called it the inconvenience package, we had to get the stupid little key out every time to get into the car.

It does make it easier for the car to know what key and settings you want it to have when you are both in the car, though.

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
Those ones on amazon aren't cheap.
I can cut 24" vinyl for not much more than that, just get one of these.
http://www.uscutter.com/Vinyl-Cutter-Starter-Kit

Plus you get all kinds of vinyl and other stuff you need to start making offensive stickers.

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

GD_American posted:

His point is that Saabs were obviously able to integrate cup holders with center ignition, while GM taking a Chevy and moving their ignition to make it a “Saab” is a more poorly thought out process

They weren't, really. The ones in my 9-5 were a delicate fold out thing in the dash, so you couldn't use it for much.

Still the best car that i have had to sit in though, Night Panel is the best.

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

MrYenko posted:

https://youtu.be/Ujp3q_aryRA

7:30.909

The yoke is still idiotic. It isn’t an advantage here, and this is literally the single use-case where it isn’t an active hinderance.

Im the cracked windshield from body flex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

Colostomy Bag posted:

Sadly, after years of alcohol and paint fumes that design has somewhat grown on me.

Now with that said, it is basically an abomination wearing the Mustang name.

I had a white (non-cobra, but V8) one of those, and had so many people saying how cool it was.
Little did they know I had it because it cost $400, and the T-tops leaked onto the seatbelt so I never buckled up.

They are awfully similar to the 60's/70's mustangs, the 130 hp V8's certainly didn't make any friends but it was all the same.

The 4 cyl ghias probably are the ones people remember as being lame, because those ones were not only ugly but slow.

I bet if you put a new v8 in them, they would be cool