Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

dissss posted:

For me the interior was always the biggest issue - awful plastics everywhere and the door panels were just a giant sheet of the same crummy plastic without any fabric or leather or whatever to break it up a bit

Sure put me off and I'm definitely no interior snob having previously had a Skyline/G35 sedan and now a first gen Mazda 3

my uncle sold his 350Z and got a Chevy SS

good choice, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

:haw:

...:stonk:

god dammit berkeley

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

it knows what's been done to it, like a dog that's been neutered but instead of Neuticles its owners had the vet install a pair of baoding balls.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Naturally Selected posted:

You ever see a 2016/17 Prius? Cause I'm pretty sure it'll give the leaf a long rear end headstart and still come out ahead.

E: Between the prius and the RX350's clusterfuck of completely non-matching angles everywhere, it looks like someone somewhere figured out that sharp angles=cool aggressive awesome, and told all the engineers to just MAKE EVERYTHING SHARP ANGLES.

I was next to one of those priuses in traffic and from the moment I saw it out of the corner of my eye the impression it gave was "this car has been in a side collision accident."

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Slavvy posted:

WHYYYYYYY it's so loving stupid and ugly looking why why why especially when the previous gen was a great looking car with exceptionally cool taillights. It looks like the taillights got pulled out of the mould while they were still hot and now there's a sticky tendril of taillight goo holding on there uuuugh. It's like they wanted to invert the trend of SUV's trying to look like cars by making a car with SUV styling cues.

It looks like someone started to flay the goddamn thing but stopped after slicing it open and exposing the taillights.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

tesla bad, touchscreens in cars should be illegal, connecting a car to the internet should be illegal, anything more than an RTOS running on a 32-bit or preferably 8-bit microcontroller should be illegal if it's electrically connected to any critical or mechanical system

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Aug 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

all car software should be required by law to undergo formal verification