Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

How would that even work considering his car would be in motion too thusly removing a huge whack of speed relative to the other car?

Parked up, yeah I can see the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

It's not the worst thing I've ever seen but design wise it looks stupid.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Geoj posted:

There's no law against having sex before 18, just against having sex with someone who's under 18 when you're over 18. Are things different over there?

16 is legal and it's only the frowns of other people that tend to stop men who are 'too old' from going after the 16yr old girls.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I too just wanted to declare my love for that van... :swoon:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The body lines on this are sooooooooo bad. It's like someone gave a kid a set of French curves and said "you must use only these!".

...I know this because I remember the first time I got a set of French curves for design work... :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

So it's not quite as bad as ruining an entire van but I have to wonder quite why you'd want to have the newborn from the godawful Alien Resurrection film (admittedly pretty well) airbrushed onto your van...

...also what is the thing on the back and which do you think came first??

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Linedance posted:

Also, gently caress that's ugly.

This was my thought. Absolutely hideous colourscheme.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

This turned up for a go on the dyno at a place my friend works at. Ford Probe with (the dude said) 30k of stage 3 mods done to it.

quote:

After making a hell of a lot of noise, it managed a peak power of... Wait for it... 194.6bhp at the wheels.

So ugly as sin and not very impressive either. Someone else worked out that as the standard V6 Probe came with 164bhp the guy has spent a grand per hp on top. Ouch.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

There appears to be a mirror under the hood.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Coronet XX posted:

I see this parked near a house I deliver to sometimes. The licence plate says INTIM8R (I guess INTMD8R was taken?), I guess it's a Dale Earnhardt edition of the Silverado, with Intimidater and SS badges everywhere. I think it's terrible.

Those double headlights always look loving weird to my European eyes.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Art car?

I like the doors. Well, the idea of them at least.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Linedance posted:

When it comes to fuel economy, it's miles to the gallon, but you pump your gas in liters and nobody knows how many liters are in a gallon.

This is the bit I don't understand. Everything else I use interchangeably depending on who I'm talking to and what it's about.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KozmoNaut posted:

That exhaust is the greatest thing. The rest of the car, not so much.

I never noticed that was the exhaust... :allears:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KozmoNaut posted:

I like how it's just a totally random skull in the middle of an otherwise featureless expanse of flat panel.

In my mind, the engine is tuned to backfire and blow flames and be the most metal thing ever.

"I've removed all features from the back of the car but now it just looks too empty. I need something. I need.... A GRIM REAPER SKULL!"

If it actually spat flames I could almost forgive the rest of that car. Almost.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

jammyozzy posted:

Are we still complaining about awful junctions in here?

Check it out, traffic coming off the ring road from the north west has around 40m if I'm being generous to get off the off-ramp, whilst also turning right and fighting with people trying to get onto it. Then you can either go for another lap if you're trying to escape north, or dive diagonally left across two more lanes to make your exit, now fighting with more traffic coming off the next junction around.

I could post the entire Coventry ring-road to be honest. It was a neat idea and it keeps the city centre free of traffic, but it's basically an automotive thunderdome zooming about above the pedestrian's heads.

As someone who lives there, yes, it's a complete and utter clusterfuck of idiot drivers day in-day out and the reason I tend to cycle a lot... The best bit about the ringroad is the fact it's so loving small, you miss your exit it's not a problem, keep carrying on and you'll hit it again within about 3 minutes.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Speaking of lovely stickers:

The gently caress is wrong with people?

...because if you can fit two fingers in it, it's entirely to baggy for my needle-sized cock...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Code Jockey posted:

I'm not even a huge fan of green but I would love to have my car painted in a color called Sassy-Grass Green

It's a nice colour but the name really sold it to me.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Flood donk and Hotwheels van are loving great. I mean they have nothing on this shitpile...

Awful car, awful kit and a few grand on sparkly brown paint? Wow.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

That was a barryboys find, it won shed of the year (and quite rightly!).

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Kill-9 posted:

Found on another forum.

Nice Ford Esprit, bro!

That looks like something Will I Am cooked up.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Beach Bum posted:

By remote control, maybe. I don't want to be impaled through the plywood floor by some abortion of a control arm propelled by a spring freeing itself from a lovely booger weld.

I was gonna say that plywood is pretty strong poo poo so you'd be fine but I think we both know he cheaped out and bought some lovely 1/4" low end Chinese ply rather than beefy 18mm Baltic Birch. So yeah, I'm very much with you on not wanting to sit in that shitpile as it collapses and shoots metal everywhere.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I totally agree with this guy. Rock on, guy.

I don't know exactly how it got lost in translation when it went over the Atlantic but ain't nobody else in the world using glowsticks at a dubstep night other than kids in the US. Everyone else in the world also stopped using the word 'rave' in the 90s and got rid of the neon clothing about the same time and look back on those days with shame.

And staying on topic, how to make an already ugly car even worse...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

dphi posted:

You must have missed the Klaxons and the terrible "new rave" movement out of the UK in the not-so-distant past.

I think it was more 'blocked that poo poo from my memory' than missed it. I'm not sure if I'm annoyed at you for reminding me. :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

General_Failure posted:

Can't comment on the rest but this is so drat true. Electronic music from the '90s was the best. I don't know if I have geezer syndrome creeping in but I really don't like pretty much any mainstream modern music.

As Snowdens Secret says, there's some truly amazing music out there but you won't find it in the charts (for the most part). Follow some artists you like on Soundcloud and see who they follow and repost, follow those and see who they follow and repost and so on and so forth and you'll build up a nice selection on your feed to roll through whenever you're free to do so. I've found some astoundingly good stuff from Soundcloud.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I've never seen the interior of one of these and I know 2001 was 12 years ago but what the gently caress was the designer on? It looks like the interior of a 90s car... A really cheap crappy one at that.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

This is a friend's car. It's been in his possession under a week and just look at it's little face... :(

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The story is he's an idiot, this is his first manual car and he wanted to go drifting in it. The car was spotless too. :/

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Aurune posted:

Please don't tell me he just took it to the track to drift. You know what, tell me that, because if he managed to hit something that hard on a skid pad. He's a even bigger dumb rear end than if he just had more money than talent.

He's a massive dumbass.

RIP little car. :(

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Random idiot pulls up to some people hanging out in a parking lot and starts spouting poo poo that he wants to race in his mum's CX9. Says that he had a 400hp RSX until of course he totalled it. He gets asked about said RSX and what he did to get 400hp out of it and "I don't want to talk about it".

What a bunch of dicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XszCEElIiKE

Have this too.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 21, 2013

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

IPCRESS posted:

Maserati, specifically their legal department, may have been a bit interested in these.

I thought it was a Maserati at first too.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

This is kinda local to me and a deliberate 'build'.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

A friend of mine is in Dubai at the moment and has just been to see the Rainbow Sheikh's car collection, or at least a chunk of it. Flicking through the admittedly lovely quality pictures among all the horrible rainbow painted piles of gaudy gold and white poo poo is this loving weirdo of a car...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I love the fact that it has a loving HOUSE inside it. ...and is completely mobile albeit very loving slow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8GdadQzMeo

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

drgitlin posted:

I remember an article about that dude's collection in Top Gear Magazine 15+ years ago. Does he still have the Mercs in different colours for each day of the week?

The video I posted up on the last page says that he's such a good customer for Mercedes they painted him up 7 cars in rainbow colours (with matching interiors!) for his wedding. That's pretty loving baller.

Rainbow Merc.

Rainbow Mercs.

Seems there's not too many photos of his ridiculous collection for some reason...

Also wrong thread;

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Ok so I've learned ITBs are fantastic noisemakers. I'm not a techy car guy, I just like cars. What are the advantages and disadvantages of ITBs over a standard setup?

Thanks. :)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Terrible yet fantastic.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

wayfinder posted:

oh god that Aero 8

I've always hated them for this one little niggly aesthetic. How did that design ever get off the loving drawing board?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

rscott posted:

It's a glass cover though, why couldn't they move the lenses to the front of the fenders and have them pointing straight?

...because

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

the gently caress is this ugly thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Sinestro posted:

That's a Mitsuoka Orochi. Also, wrong loving thread.

It's pretty much the ugliest thing I've ever seen... I'm actually amazed this came from a Japanese designer's sketchbook.

I mean look at it, the poor thing has bags under its eyes.