Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MortLansky
Dec 17, 2014

dissss posted:

They're way cheaper than that here - I can see a decent looking turbo for $13k USD which is way cheaper than you'd find a similar age LandCruiser or similar

The crucial difference being that the LC is a well designed vehicle and the first gen Cayenne is a broken Toureg based maintenance hog that the dealerships don't even want to touch. Nevermind how many of them have been relentlessly beat on with 150k+ miles and four drug dealing previous owners. That's why you don't see a lot of them anymore. Kinda like E38s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MortLansky
Dec 17, 2014
Some dealer plate frames or lettering/stickers aren't that bad, but the plate frame from the dealership where I bought my Focus RS has a slogan on it that says "You WILL be satisfied!" which is just too awful to drive around with, and it had a plastic-chrome pseudo badge right under the Focus badge. I heatgunned that poo poo right off I think the third day I had it, and got a generic Ford plate frame on Amazon. I also took off the "Focus" badge because I don't like the lettering/font and the hatch just looks cleaner without it. I don't want to go "mod crazy" with this car but I feel justified in my decision here.

MortLansky
Dec 17, 2014

geonetix posted:

Explosive bolts is weirdly Mercedes, didn't the SLS AMG come with those

Well yeah think about how uniquely hosed you'd be if you rolled a car with gullwing doors. Pretty sure both doors are immediately blown off the hinges so you don't get trapped and die. None of this pussy "extendable metal post behind the headrest so you get some extra headroom" garbage.

MortLansky
Dec 17, 2014

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Because it's 2024 and we invented powered door technology, grandad. Also it's awesome.

More expensive and more stuff to break? Yes, that too. But awesome, it's a door that opens and closes at the press of a button!

My uncle got a BMW X7 and it took six people like 20 minutes to figure out how to get the middle row seats to fully retract so that you can climb into the third row seats. And another ten minutes to get the middle row to fully deploy and latch into place. Now, if I ever climb into the 3rd row of a fifteen year old suburban, just grunt and slam the middle seats out of the way and it's at least as satisfying as hitting a nice 3-2 downshift in a semi sporty manual car.