Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

Powershift posted:

What about the stripping and polishing of aluminum? i've always wanted to strip and polish a jag XJ or series 2 land rover, even if it would land in this thread.

You'd have to treat it, or keep it polished. While aluminum doesn't 'rust', it does still oxidize...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

CharlesM posted:

Mine was made before the metal plates were installed at the factory. I thought they would only put it in for free if you were in an affected area like Vancouver Island or something funny like that.

I grew up on the Island, am now in Vancouver, and always think it's kind of cool when references to either pop up in AI, of all places. Now I'm curious...why is the Island particularly affected by people trying to kick Mazda 3 doors?

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

Paul Boz_ posted:

Saw three of these at different times in different places today but didn't snap photos while driving.

What really sucks is getting the common top-down honk and thumbs up from them.

They...they make a Murano convertible?!

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

Memento1979 posted:

Holden Torana Hatch Hutch. This was sold by the factory, to take advantage of the inexplicable Australian fascination with camping.

My dad's Vega had something similar, apparently...and it could also be the one 'cool' feature that the Aztek had.

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

mutt2jeff posted:

All I can say is :barf:

I dunno, if it weren't for the goofy rims, I think I'd kind of like that...

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

One of the suggested videos from that was this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfQ315JoiF0

A 'Rat style' Audi S4. Poor thing won't even stay running... What is the point?

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

EightBit posted:

He's too busy paying the mortgage on that truck to put good tires on it :laugh:

If this is in Vancouver, he's also probably living in it.

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

Raw_Beef posted:

I have to assume the drivers in the truck video were drinking. I hope they got busted real good.
Doing this in a field out nowhere is one thing, but that was nuts. I like how the one girl screams "thats my dodge" apparently she lent her truck out? That always ends well, putting someone in charge of a vehicle they have no attachment to and expecting them to not destroy it.

I think she says 'What the gently caress, that's hosed up!', but it does kind of sound like 'that's muh-Dodge'.

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

Polarize posted:

Of course this person is from BC and of course they have a novice sign. :suicide:

...and really don't like fat chicks, apparently.

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

eberbs posted:

My friend just got into a accident in his 89 Isuzu I-mark. He came around a corner and the steering locked causing him to jump a curb and crash into 2 parked cars. No one was hurt.

I have pictures and video if anyone is interested.
The I-mark received minor damage, the truck will need a entire new rear box and the cavaler will need a quarter panal and hood by the looks of it.

http://youtu.be/BtODjDIyOoU

Why did the roadsense people show up, with a camera crew? Also, I was trying to figure out where you were based on the code on the RCMP cruisers' fender, and didn't get it until you posted that it happened in Langford. 'WSXXXX'...West Shore (Langford), haha.

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

Boomerjinks posted:

Turbo Herkimer from the Mystery Men sequel I can only watch in my mind. :smith:

Typical truck from a typical job site. I'd seen it a few times, but and it took me forever to notice the pipes in front of the rear wheels.

That looks kind of like the 'Pussy Wagon' truck from Kill Bill...

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

televiper posted:

Maybe not Terrible, per-say, but still:

Progressive JPEG posted:

my favorite (no joke) is tow hitches on inappropriate cars

Uh, I see no trailer hitch on the silver car...but do see a car headed the same direction as the other two, but on the other side of the concrete barrier (i.e...wrong way).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

Valt posted:

I guess the real question becomes how hosed up do you have to be to drive down a median at what looks like 60 plus. With a trailer in tow no less.

I know I'm late to the party on this, but he's also drat lucky that the trailer and/or the riding mowing on it (that comes loose through the jump) didn't come through the back window at him...