Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

IOwnCalculus posted:

So clearly this went over as well as my old Volvo's last six emissions tests. I'll reopen the CL and mechanical failures threads.

Flipflopper. AI needs leadership we can trust!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I wonder how race gas prices compare across countries. In theory they should be fairly similar since they aren't taxed (in the US).

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Hikaki posted:

Dude just wants more oversteer what's wrong with that

It's on backwards, not just the horrible AOA.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

grumplestiltzkin posted:

An Audi r8 with a giant spoiler supporting it's luggage rack. 50/50 whether this is the right thread or not. I made my choice where to post it.

Source.

This man and his cars have been established AI as gently caress many times over.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Darchangel posted:

I cannot fathom anyone stupid enough to load a trailer without putting the tow vehicle in park and chocking the wheels.

Fixed for people who don't want to completely gently caress their poo poo up.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
How the hell did she fail to react at all to the bike moving.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I'd just turn it off. Not having power steering for a few hundred feet is far better than a holed block or overheating my brakes and hitting something.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Babyseat in the back.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Nocheez posted:

Is that a 2010-ish Nissan Altima? My parents had their wheels replaced under warranty due to being a bad casting from China. They only had a hairline crack, not a catastrophic failure like that one.

It was an RX-8.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

xzzy posted:

When's your lease up?

Because I'd consider moving away from these creeps. How the hell do they have your email address anyways?

You do realize he has been pasting e-mails in this thread for days, right?

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Geirskogul posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity > Post terrible table-breaking posts

You haven't been able to break the tables on this forum in almost a decade.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

But FatCow says it's impossible to break tables now???

Amazingly the post directly under his goes right back to the normal size. The issue hasn't been a real issue in so long people don't even know what it means anymore.

'Breaking the tables' was from when a large picture would resize the entire page to the width of the picture. So word wrapping was completely broken and you'd have to scroll to read any line that was longer than your page.

FatCow fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Feb 16, 2014

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
Have you talked to corporate yet? That is amazingly negligent.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
Who else could you talk to about that? The State AG? That seems like a pretty good case of fraud.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

interwhat posted:

Since we're on the subject of tires: anyone use continental extreme contacts for winter? I put them on cars all day at work but haven't tried them in the snow.

DW or DWS?

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Wasn't the story on that video that the guy actually sued Ford because he thought the Raptor could safely do that?

No, those were the idiots that hit a cattle crossing at ~70mph and bent their frames when the rears bottomed out.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
This page is GBS as gently caress.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
609 area code, never change.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Crotch Fruit posted:

I have a little sympathy for diesel pickups only because I think the EPA has really raped them with emissions, it used to be possible to get close to 20mpg in an empty pickup (or so owners claim) now it's hard to even get 10mpg empty. Reducing the smoke with ULSD fuels just seems kinda pointless since older motors needed the sulphur to provide lubrication, and all the deadly toxic cancer soot used to just fall to the ground. Besides, everything you touch causes cancer these days.

I lived in India for 6 months where as far as I can tell particulate pollution was completely unregulated. I assure you, you want heavy regulations on soot. The city was completely loving covered in soot from the dirty diesels and 2 strokes.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

enojy posted:

More like bad thread choice

Goose Island is InBev, right thread.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
Have some horrible rice.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I usually only list my e-mail because I tend to sell big batches of used parts and gently caress trying to keep track of all of the buyers without having e-mails to reference.

And if you haggle things that are $20 or lower I raise the price.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

IPCRESS posted:

Edit: Does the US not have any GCM limits on a car license or something? I'm genuinely struggling with this image and why anyone would buy an SUV a pickup rather than an MR/HR if they needed to tow stuff like this or the tractor regularly?

Not sure what MR/HR is, but I'm going to assume you're talking about regular semi-truck tractors.

It's going to be somewhat state by state. Here in NC you can register a regular semi-truck tractor as a non-commercial vehicle and drive it with a non-commercial license if you take off the semi-truck style hitch and replace it with a standard 5th wheel.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

eyebeem posted:

More people use trucks than track sports cars, but Corvettes are cool and duallies are dumb.

If you're doing it right you should be checking both of these boxes at once.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Viggen posted:

Isn't that everyone under 30 who owns an Impreza, though? (Bringing us back to the terrible car stuff.. kinda)

This video should be titled 'How to overreact to everything that happens around me.'

A car opened its door, better swerve into the other lane.

A minivan did a baller lane change, better slam on my brakes and slow down to 20 while the guy pulls away ahead of me.

A truck pulled out too far at an intersection, better STOP IN THE TRAVEL LANE.

A car is on the wrong side of the road turning into a driveway, I've noticed this and slowed down. But hey, why not cross the double yellow for the poo poo of it.

Both bike videos look to be the biker's fault. That's is THE reason you don't ride on the sidewalk, and passing a semi while it's at a stop sign? Really?

FatCow fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Nov 29, 2014

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Q_res posted:

A 300hp 3.1, or so he claims...

And he thinks that car weighs 2000lbs.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
Silly boy, 4,500lb Dodges can't turn for poo poo.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

HEY VAPER posted:

he has the seatbelts just looped around the roll bar, so they freely move side to side and do nothing but probably injure you in a collision.

That is how you mount shoulder straps. Using shoulder harnesses on oem style seats is dumb because of the reason you mentioned though.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Senior Funkenstien posted:

Okay whats the problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl5mbZ_5CMQ

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
No one like playing the 'Stare at a picture for 5 minutes to spot the obscure installation error' game.

I can go find a picture of some A7/R7/SM7s for everyone to stare out and to see if the serial number is on the inside or outside.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHaSJsk9wrs

This whole thing. What a poser machine.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Powershift posted:

It says LS1 and "holden built chassis", so i'm assuming it was a GTO at some point....

It was, that's a GTO gauge cluster. Which makes the fake disk brakes even more baffling since the car came with 4 wheel disc brakes from the factory.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
Saw a Leaf with '0 gas4me" I immediately wanted to put that plate on my diesel F-250.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
If it's like the ones here it's to record people driving stupidly around semi trucks. Usually they are tailgating a semi though.

The cameras/lasers point down, maybe some kind of rolling road inspector?

FatCow fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 29, 2015

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Hair Is Spiders posted:

From a few days and pages back, but this very well could be a 24 Hours of Lemons entry.

I hope?

No cage.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Geoj posted:

If you live in a state with two-party recording consent now you're not only facing assault on an officer/attempted vehicular manslaughter but also wiretapping and likely interfering with police business (and they'll probably toss in resisting arrest for good measure) charges.

This isn't how that works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glik_v._Cunniffe

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
XLT is basically 'acceptable truck you actually have to drive.' XT is for work crews. Where the person buying the truck never actually drives in it. XLT adds lavish features like power windows and locks.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I'm not sure which side of this argument is stupider. The 'the guy was out to get himself shot' crew or the 'people are complete shitheads until bad things happen to them, then they're angles' crew.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
Ultimately you're taking an engine that is designed to be run for tens of thousands of hours and running it for maybe a thousand over it's lifetime. I doubt the extra wear matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Rhyno posted:

WHAT THE CHRIST

Linked because it's huge and I'm not rehosting that poo poo myself.

https://i.imgur.com/OwYuDBz.jpg

Fun fact. Add an "h" before the dot in an imgur url and they will resize it.

FatCow fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 2, 2016