Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JP Money posted:

Oh no I agree with you on that. I just think pointing out rotors rusting is silly. They'll easily get surface rust all over them if it's just sitting in the rain in some lot.

Nothing a few hard stops can't fix!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Geoj posted:

IIRC the Saleen Focus was basically a body kit, slightly upscale interior, lower suspension and pre-plumbed for nitrous (but not connected and you'd void your factory warranty if you plugged a tank into the system) for something absurd like $27k.

Before I became a true "car guy" I had plans to buy and rice the poo poo out of a Focus so I was pretty familiar with the Saleens but I really think it was more than that. Hell the uninstalled kits were expensive as hell.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Geoj posted:

Oh definitely, the $27k figure was the base price. They had additional stuff you could tack on like a front BBK (leaving the factory drums in place :downs:) and a in-dash Alpine stereo/DVD unit that easily pushed the price tag over $30k. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Focus fan but spending that kind of money on a (mostly) stock '05 whose only redeeming factor was a disconnected nitrous system when you'd be in brand-new STi/Evo territory for a few thousand more was utterly retarded.

I don't really like the '04 refresh much, the '00-'03 looked sharper with or without the Saleen kit. The headlights just look like derpy eyes with that bumper. And with those arches you really need to put spacers on the wheels. I should go write down the VIN so I can see what's wrong with it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Polymerized Cum posted:

I didn't know they were making a live action Roger Rabbit movie :confused:

The first Roger Rabbit is live action.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Toucan Sam posted:

Some of us actually own lowriders.

Acid ectched windows, Luxor wheels, mini truck that scrapes anything over an inch tall - check.

You haven't posted about this in a long time, get your rear end over to the "Post You Ride" thread!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want one of those in my kitchen and I don't even drink pop anymore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KozmoNaut posted:

Nearly got into a road rage-induced scuffle today. Some dude got really mad that I changed lanes to get around a bus and as he went to overtake me on the inside, I changed lanes back to the right again. He stayed behind me and I thought that was that. About 500m further up, I changed lanes to the left again to take the left fork in the road.

Apparently, he wasn't done yet, so he barreled up my right side, dove in front of me, nearly sideswiping my car if I hadn't braked hard and came to a complete halt. Then, in the middle of goddamn traffic, he started getting out of his car. I peeled out into the opposite lane to get around him, then back in my own lane and across the light. He followed, drove aggressively and then made a ridiculous passing maneuver between me and oncoming traffic (on a road with one lane in each direction), almost sideswiped me again and then I have no idea what his plan was, because he didn't even stop or get out of his car that time. This happened right in front of my apartment, which I obviously didn't want him to know.

Since I was behind him at that point, I dove down a side road and took at circuitous route back and parked where I live. I guess if he'd followed me, I would have driven to the nearby police station and parked there instead.

Goddammit man, some people. Some people.

I still don't get the whole thing about getting out of your car because you're pissed at someone in traffic. You can bet your rear end I'm staying inside my 1½ ton shell of metal and glass if something like that happens, that's for sure.

Some dude on a scooter once cut me off and so I passed him legally and went on my way. Five blocks later he caught up to me at a stop light and starts kicking my bumper. Dude was a loving brick shithouse or I'd have jawed at him a bit but instead I took a hard right and sped the gently caress off.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Linedance posted:

what seems to be the problem here?

One of them is possibly violating a directional parking law.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jammyozzy posted:

A who's his whatsit? I think it's that the Miata driver has gone out of their way to leave as much room as possible, which has been filled by one tiny badly-parked Micra.

If you park opposing other traffic here in Indiana you can be ticketed for it. I have been in the past.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

The DARE program is a load of bullshit too.

I changed schools in 5th grade and the school I left had not done DARE yet, the school I entered had already done it. I was a loving outsider because of that bullshit.

Probably why I abuse so many substances these days.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlesM posted:

Seriously, it was that big a deal?

There were "DARE Days" at the school where everyone would wear their shirts and I was the only one without one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Safety Dance posted:

Did you go to school in an alternate universe where every teenage ever wouldn't immediately say, "gently caress this poo poo," to wearing a DARE t-shirt?

The school kept them on hand and I swear to god, the other kids took great pride in taunting me over it.

You can bet your rear end I narked on those fuckers when I caught them smoking behind the gym a few years later.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

OSI bean dip posted:

Stupid poo poo you pull with your car:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=04a_1370304152

Yes. That is a tree.

Almost 6 minutes and nothing horrific happens. I expected the car to at least end up on it's roof.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's a star? I've always thought it was a steering wheel.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jonny 290 posted:

From a Twitter buddy.

That's a rolling Bill Engvall joke and I love that it actually exists.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Devyl posted:

My dad is a magnet for poo poo falling off other cars/trucks. So far, he's had a 6 foot piece of rebar go through his grille, had a diamond-plate toolbox (the kind in the back of pickup trucks) fall off the truck in front of him and destroyed the front end of his truck, a small pond liner fall out of a truck and get suctioned to the top of his car (blocking his view completely), and a wheel from a semi fell off and smack his truck.

So you never, ever ride with your dad right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

tobu posted:

Dad stories! (also I have recently started using "but I need to get more power from the car so when we have a boy he will know he has a cool dad" as an excuse to spend money on the car.)

My father once drove under a semi-trailer in a Mazda 626 when it turned wide in front of him and he wasn't ready. It didn't go well at all and took half the roof off the car. Luckily dad had ducked down well before the car went under. The impact brought the bonnet up and smashed it into the underside of the trailer.

He said that although the car wouldn't start it did beep angrily and loudly until the truckie disconnected the battery.

That car also had air vents that moved back and forth. Its best feature.

But... in the Fast and the Furious they clearly show that cars fit under semi trailers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

You know what you need to do.

Become Spider-man?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bone_Enterprise posted:

Kid did not even look at the pictures in the post, yet posted about it.

Welcome to the SA Forums!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

blugu64 posted:

I've only got one thing to say, with age comes wisdom. Those who won't be able to remember Kris Kross are doomed to wear their clothes backwards again.

I can't wait for this poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's awesome and he's awesome for doing that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Devyl posted:

I REALLY hope '500BHP' is on a stock SN95 Mustang.

My friend has "Gojira" on her GTR. Indiana is pretty slack on custom plates.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Motronic posted:

Wait......are those ramps dragging on the ground?

I've never used one of those things. Can the ramps be moved up after loading, or do you just tilt the tongue down far enough for them to clear (meaning this idiot probably needs a drop hitch)?

The ramps are designed to retract so as to not do exactly what that clown is doing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Philip J Fry posted:

Dude was just blasting along at 70 without a care.

Probably without insurance too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A guy I know just bought a pile of poo poo Suzuki X-90 entirely based on it being a convertible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beach Bum posted:

At least he took the wipers off to spray them.

Autozone sells them in like 11 colors.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The news just advertised that they will have a special on dealing with road rage tonight!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love you kastein. That was hilarious and educational.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is that supposed to be desert camo?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mobby_6kl posted:

I was quite certain that anything is better than a stock Trabant, but I guess not :(

This just keeps hurting my head. Why would you film this to begin with unless they were doing it on purpose?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lightbulb Out posted:

To be fair, some of those things apply to hellaflush vehicles as well.

Cars are terrible.

ALL CARS ARE TERRIBLE.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This just moved into my complex

And I saw this at work the other day

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This complex seems to be a goldmine

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Goober Peas posted:

At least no one is confused about what he's driving...

That was my FB post essentially. I don't know if you can clearly see the 2 foot Pontiac symbol in the back window or not.

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

That complex looks so familiar, is it in New York? I don't see any hideous yellow plates so probably not.

NE Indiana.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JaysonAych posted:

When I last went apartment hunting, a large part of my decision-making involved how many of those types of abominations weren't in the parking lot. It turned out to be a good idea.

There was none of this poo poo when we moved in! They were all in hiding I guess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I've found that its good to shop apartments and go 3 different times - during the day, during the evening, and again on the weekend. Some apartment dwellers have weird work schedules and looking at different times will give you a broad perspective on the outlook.
Which brings me to terrible car stuff - my wife's apartment complex she lived at while we were dating/engaged had poo poo parking! It was such a mass gathering of single people with 3 roommates and everyone with a car that by 6:30 at night the entire complex would be filled and you would have to street park sometimes 1/2 mile away! So glad to be done with that nonsense.

I'm very happy that I have a garage out here. Even if it does bring the weirdos my way.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Budget Monty posted:

Saw this gem the other day:

Maybe that's a thing. There's a Tiburon in town that's been rebadged as a Mustang.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mother of God...

there's more Bondo than car.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Das Volk posted:

Or go to a drift event with no other training than having watched Tsuchiya's "Drift Bible" DVD

I just watched every episode of Initial D, am I ready?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

This is delicious.